Diary: Let's do it for the kids
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 October 2012 08:00AM
It's always nice to see agency chiefs putting aside rivalry for a good cause.
This month, Stephen Allan (above, left), the worldwide chairman and chief executive of MediaCom, and Steve King (above, right), the global chief executive of ZenithOptimedia, joined forces to take part in a triathlon raising money for the children's charity Ray of Sunshine. Allan, a co-founder and chairman of the organisation, coerced his business rival into signing up after the pair bumped into each other at Cannes. More than 700 competitors took part in Tri for Life and Rays of Sunshine will receive £100,000, which will be used to fulfil the wishes of seriously ill children in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Lead .NET (Sitecore) Developer Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits Available, Central London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media