Diary: One giant leap for Trev
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 08:00AM
Space anorak Trevor Beattie had a dream come true last week when he met his hero, Buzz Aldrin.
The second man to set foot on the moon was in town to help people become pilots for the charity Aerobility. The adman flew from Northolt to Farnborough with the astronaut, and it wasn't long before he pulled out a project on space he had written as a kid and asked Aldrin to mark it. Aldrin duly did, noting that Beattie had misspelt Neil Armstrong's name. Nonetheless, Aldrin gave him an "A" and Beattie excitedly Tweeted the evidence. Beattie's goal of being the first adman on the moon looks to be a small step closer. If it happens, Diary suspects he'll mark his territory in lunar soil by planting a giant billboard of a woman in a bra.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategic & Insights - Retail Design to £70k Network Career Consultants £65000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief