Turkey of the Week - In-house, Chanel No 5
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 08:00AM
Katherine Levy is turned off by Chanel No 5's "journey", created in-house:
"You've all seen this spot, so you don't need to be reminded of the over-egged sentimentality and school-play direction. All the street cred Brad Pitt gained from his Thelma And Louise and Fight Club days has been extinguished in one Chanel-scented 'poof'. The final shot that cuts from the perfume bottle to Brad saying 'Inevitable' shows that the obsession of associating perfume with profound adjectives in a meaningless way lives on."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne