Diary: Dark side of John Lewis
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
This year's John Lewis ad is not for the emotionally vulnerable.
If last year's got people a bit misty-eyed, then this one will have the phones at the Samaritans ringing off the hook. It also prompted an outpouring on Twitter at #failedjohnlewisads, where people have had a lot of fun coming up with dark ad ideas for John Lewis that would only get on telly if Jerry Sadowitz became its marketing director. It includes such gems as "small child walks through a magical snowy forest, suddenly jimmy savile appears, grabs him ... fade to black" and "In soft focus. In the snow. The boot of Father Christmas is stamping on a human face for ever."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account