Diary: Dark side of John Lewis
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
This year's John Lewis ad is not for the emotionally vulnerable.
If last year's got people a bit misty-eyed, then this one will have the phones at the Samaritans ringing off the hook. It also prompted an outpouring on Twitter at #failedjohnlewisads, where people have had a lot of fun coming up with dark ad ideas for John Lewis that would only get on telly if Jerry Sadowitz became its marketing director. It includes such gems as "small child walks through a magical snowy forest, suddenly jimmy savile appears, grabs him ... fade to black" and "In soft focus. In the snow. The boot of Father Christmas is stamping on a human face for ever."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Junior Digital Designer/Creative Artworker Apple&Ink £20-23k + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Marketing Manager, Technology, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Manager, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Negotiable, London