Diary: Dark side of John Lewis
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
This year's John Lewis ad is not for the emotionally vulnerable.
If last year's got people a bit misty-eyed, then this one will have the phones at the Samaritans ringing off the hook. It also prompted an outpouring on Twitter at #failedjohnlewisads, where people have had a lot of fun coming up with dark ad ideas for John Lewis that would only get on telly if Jerry Sadowitz became its marketing director. It includes such gems as "small child walks through a magical snowy forest, suddenly jimmy savile appears, grabs him ... fade to black" and "In soft focus. In the snow. The boot of Father Christmas is stamping on a human face for ever."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £100000 per annum + significant benefits , London
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool