Pick of the Week - Adam & Eve/DDB, John Lewis
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
Jeremy Lee picks John Lewis' "the journey" by Adam & Eve/DDB:
"Christmas time - as Cliff Richard sang - is a time for giving, a time for getting. And the snowman in this ad goes to admirable efforts to get a pair of gloves, a hat and a scarf for his snowlady friend. There are a lot of schmaltzy retailer ads at the moment, but John Lewis manages to avoid cheap sentiment in favour of something quite charming." The ad was created by Frank Ginger and Shay Reading, and directed by Dougal Wilson through Blink.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £34600 - £40834 per annum, London
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £36000 - £40000 per annum, London
- PRESENTATION DESIGNER Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- SENIOR CONCEPTUAL COPYWRITER Live Recruitment Negotiable, Buckinghamshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne