Pick of the Week - Adam & Eve/DDB, John Lewis
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
Jeremy Lee picks John Lewis' "the journey" by Adam & Eve/DDB:
"Christmas time - as Cliff Richard sang - is a time for giving, a time for getting. And the snowman in this ad goes to admirable efforts to get a pair of gloves, a hat and a scarf for his snowlady friend. There are a lot of schmaltzy retailer ads at the moment, but John Lewis manages to avoid cheap sentiment in favour of something quite charming." The ad was created by Frank Ginger and Shay Reading, and directed by Dougal Wilson through Blink.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director, partnership marketing, amazing brand! The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £50k, Central London, some travel to Surrey
- Consultant/Senior Consultant at a leading executive search consultancy Hanson Search Competitive Package , London
- Marketing Manager Dynamic New Alliances £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus bonuses + benefits, Norwich
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive