Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Grand Prix: Mediacom
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The Campaign Media Grand Prix goes to the agency that has notched up the highest tally of winning entries, highly commended entries and finalist entries from this year's submissions.
In the end, it was a close run competition but MediaCom’s all-round strong performance nudged it ahead of the pack.
The agency scooped the winner’s prize in the Grocery, Soft Drinks and Household category with its work for Dolmio. MediaCom unearthed the insight that children who have grown their own fruit and veg eat 1.5 times more of these nutritious foods than those who have not. This led to a campaign idea centered on getting families growing together, fronted by Dolmio’s Papa puppet, already familiar from the brand’s advertising. Value sales for Dolmio increased by 8.5 per cent year on year.
MediaCom’s Nikon "I Am Hollyoaks"
three-way sponsorship deal with Channel 4 and Asda came top of the IT & Consumer Durables category, and Nikon’s Coolpix range doubled its market share over the course of the campaign.
In addition, MediaCom was highly commended for Best Use of Research and Best Total Communications for its Metropolitan Police and Dolmio campaigns respectively, and was a finalist in four other categories.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy