Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Radio Sales Team of the Year: Global Radio
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Global Radio not only worked hard to get on advertisers' plans this year, it also helped to inspire the industry to believe more in the power of radio.
Sainsbury’s head of advertising, Mel Matson, said: "Global’s thinking on the main shopper audience helped shape our thinking beyond print and TV. They prove that radio can achieve a lot, from budgets that other media owners may ignore."
The sales team was dynamic and highly engaged with clients this year. The judges praised Global for "putting the mojo back in the radio sector" and engaging with creative agencies.
Global also delivered well on its repositioning that radio should be thought of as a national medium that is delivered locally, rather than the complicated regional advertising medium of old. The judges observed that the radio company had "redefined Capital to be current and connected".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, Windsor
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?