Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Print Sales Team of the Year: Metro
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The commuter's newspaper has won the print category for punching well above its weight in its 13th year.
Beating the odds in a market that is currently down 5 per cent, Metro’s display revenues rose 5 per cent year on year. Classified revenues also bucked the market trend by being up 10 per cent year on year.
The sales team, which was described by the judges as "energised" and "proactive" considering that they had a team of just 15 in the last year, were praised for delivering ambitious, multiplatform campaigns, a highlight being a Snickers campaign that included a bespoke Fantasy Football game created in partnership with Metro’s sister publication Mail Online, and a deal brokered by Carat for Adidas that saw the paper cover-wrapped for 17 consecutive days during the Olympics.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account