Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Print Sales Team of the Year: Metro
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The commuter's newspaper has won the print category for punching well above its weight in its 13th year.
Beating the odds in a market that is currently down 5 per cent, Metro’s display revenues rose 5 per cent year on year. Classified revenues also bucked the market trend by being up 10 per cent year on year.
The sales team, which was described by the judges as "energised" and "proactive" considering that they had a team of just 15 in the last year, were praised for delivering ambitious, multiplatform campaigns, a highlight being a Snickers campaign that included a bespoke Fantasy Football game created in partnership with Metro’s sister publication Mail Online, and a deal brokered by Carat for Adidas that saw the paper cover-wrapped for 17 consecutive days during the Olympics.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £50000 per annum, Berkshire
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show