Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Print Sales Team of the Year: Metro
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The commuter's newspaper has won the print category for punching well above its weight in its 13th year.
Beating the odds in a market that is currently down 5 per cent, Metro’s display revenues rose 5 per cent year on year. Classified revenues also bucked the market trend by being up 10 per cent year on year.
The sales team, which was described by the judges as "energised" and "proactive" considering that they had a team of just 15 in the last year, were praised for delivering ambitious, multiplatform campaigns, a highlight being a Snickers campaign that included a bespoke Fantasy Football game created in partnership with Metro’s sister publication Mail Online, and a deal brokered by Carat for Adidas that saw the paper cover-wrapped for 17 consecutive days during the Olympics.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Sutton & London Stopgap £120 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Design Director Red Sofa London £80000 - £90000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Studio Manager Aspire £28000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Mid-weght Creative Copywriter - Digital Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film