Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Print Sales Team of the Year: Metro
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The commuter's newspaper has won the print category for punching well above its weight in its 13th year.
Beating the odds in a market that is currently down 5 per cent, Metro’s display revenues rose 5 per cent year on year. Classified revenues also bucked the market trend by being up 10 per cent year on year.
The sales team, which was described by the judges as "energised" and "proactive" considering that they had a team of just 15 in the last year, were praised for delivering ambitious, multiplatform campaigns, a highlight being a Snickers campaign that included a bespoke Fantasy Football game created in partnership with Metro’s sister publication Mail Online, and a deal brokered by Carat for Adidas that saw the paper cover-wrapped for 17 consecutive days during the Olympics.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £30,000 , Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44