Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Best IT & Consumer Durables Campaign: Nikon Coolpix
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The challenge was to encourage young people to consider the Nikon Coolpix compact camera, even though they might have a smartphone that takes photographs.
- Title: I Am Hollyoaks
- Media agency: MediaCom
- Media director: n/s
- Media planner: Phil Jameson
- Creative agency: Doner
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: Nikon UK
- Brand/product: Coolpix
- Marketing director: Jeremy Gilbert
- Brand manager: Claudia Paul
The strategy was based around the idea that the photos you take tell a powerful story about the character that you want to project; to make this resonate, the strategy tapped into youth’s obsession with celebrity.
Supermarket distribution was essential to achieving a successful sales period, so MediaCom created a partnership between Hollyoaks characters, Asda and Nikon. Buyers of Hollyoaks-branded cameras distributed in Asda could win a part in the Channel 4 show.
Sales of the cameras through Asda increased by 332 per cent over the course of the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Project Manager Stopgap £36000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £32000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Customer Insight Manager British Heart Foundation Up to £45,000 p/a + benefits, London
- Performance Media Planning Director - Mix of Clients Lipton Fleming Ã‚£50000 - Ã‚£58000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign