Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Best IT & Consumer Durables Campaign: Nikon Coolpix
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The challenge was to encourage young people to consider the Nikon Coolpix compact camera, even though they might have a smartphone that takes photographs.
- Title: I Am Hollyoaks
- Media agency: MediaCom
- Media director: n/s
- Media planner: Phil Jameson
- Creative agency: Doner
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: Nikon UK
- Brand/product: Coolpix
- Marketing director: Jeremy Gilbert
- Brand manager: Claudia Paul
The strategy was based around the idea that the photos you take tell a powerful story about the character that you want to project; to make this resonate, the strategy tapped into youth’s obsession with celebrity.
Supermarket distribution was essential to achieving a successful sales period, so MediaCom created a partnership between Hollyoaks characters, Asda and Nikon. Buyers of Hollyoaks-branded cameras distributed in Asda could win a part in the Channel 4 show.
Sales of the cameras through Asda increased by 332 per cent over the course of the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000.00 - £22000.00 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts