Campaign Media Awards 2012 - Best IT & Consumer Durables Campaign: Nikon Coolpix
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
The challenge was to encourage young people to consider the Nikon Coolpix compact camera, even though they might have a smartphone that takes photographs.
- Title: I Am Hollyoaks
- Media agency: MediaCom
- Media director: n/s
- Media planner: Phil Jameson
- Creative agency: Doner
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: Nikon UK
- Brand/product: Coolpix
- Marketing director: Jeremy Gilbert
- Brand manager: Claudia Paul
The strategy was based around the idea that the photos you take tell a powerful story about the character that you want to project; to make this resonate, the strategy tapped into youth’s obsession with celebrity.
Supermarket distribution was essential to achieving a successful sales period, so MediaCom created a partnership between Hollyoaks characters, Asda and Nikon. Buyers of Hollyoaks-branded cameras distributed in Asda could win a part in the Channel 4 show.
Sales of the cameras through Asda increased by 332 per cent over the course of the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires