Campaign Media Awards - Best Transport Campaign: Citroën
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Car buyers were losing interest in Citroën and OMD's brief was to renew interest in the brand and find a way to showcase the Citroën DS5 experience to captivate potential buyers.
- Title: Citroën 5 Star Experience
- Media agency: OMD UK
- Media director: Richard Evans
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: Drum
- Account planner: Max Ward
- Client: Citroën
- Brand/product: Citroën DS5
- Marketing director: Jules Tilstone
- Brand manager: Helen Bradshaw
The strategy created a virtual test drive to bring the Citroën experience to the target audience, with the new DS5 the perfect vehicle to achieve that.
OMD’s "star experience" campaign launched with a Facebook competition to recruit Citroën fans to take part in a road trip through the South of France. This real-life test drive by five winners was filmed, and online promotions around where people were searching for relevant car content drove consumers to view the film online. The film was also broadcast at art-house cinemas around the country.
Two million people viewed the test drive film, there was a 350 per cent increase in the volume of the brand being talked about on Facebook and Citroën DS5 has been the most heavily subscribed Citroën model for test drives so far.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham