Campaign Media Awards - Best Travel & Leisure Campaign: Nike
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Mindshare's challenge was to counter declining sports participation among teenagers by motivating them to set and achieve sporting goals.
- Title: Nike #MakeItCount
- Media agency: Mindshare UK
- Media director: n/s
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: n/s
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: n/s
- Brand/product: n/s
- Marketing director: n/s
- Brand manager: n/s
Research found that the primary motivation for teens was going to be attracting the attention and respect of their mates, so Mindshare’s strategy focused on encouraging and enabling them to broadcast their sporting goals as widely as possible.
A MakeItCount hashtag was set up on Twitter and promoted across paid, earned and owned media. In addition, at Nike Westfield Stratford, a photo studio allowed people to create a #MakeItCount image of themselves in the style of the elite Nike athletes that was beamed to 100 digital screens at the shopping centre and shared via social networks.
A MakeItCount sports day in London included branded runs and a basketball training session on the terrace of County Hall, while the IMAX cinema at Waterloo was transformed into a giant Nike+ FuelBand.
As a result, Nike more than doubled its major UK Facebook communities, added an extra 120,000 followers on Twitter and notched up 904,000 MakeItCount Tweets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Event Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata, London
- Head of Marketing Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £43000 - £48000 Per Annum Gernerous Benefits, South Bucks
- Senior Branding Designers/CD become $100-180K AUD, Sydney
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio