Turkey of the Week: The Sun
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
Jeremy Lee finds The Sun’s "Big Smile Giveaway" spot by Grey London creepy: "There’s something very peculiar about this ad that sends a shiver down my spine. The poor child actor, dressed in bizarre 80s-style clothing, is afflicted with an undecipherable voice but is forced to deliver lines that no child would ever use. The most disturbing of these is the recurring ‘joke’ wordplay around the word ‘arse’. Not sure if this was ever deemed appropriate, but is certainly not now. No smile on my face – just a grimace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'