Turkey of the Week: The Sun
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
Jeremy Lee finds The Sun’s "Big Smile Giveaway" spot by Grey London creepy: "There’s something very peculiar about this ad that sends a shiver down my spine. The poor child actor, dressed in bizarre 80s-style clothing, is afflicted with an undecipherable voice but is forced to deliver lines that no child would ever use. The most disturbing of these is the recurring ‘joke’ wordplay around the word ‘arse’. Not sure if this was ever deemed appropriate, but is certainly not now. No smile on my face – just a grimace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media