Turkey of the Week: The Sun
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
Jeremy Lee finds The Sun’s "Big Smile Giveaway" spot by Grey London creepy: "There’s something very peculiar about this ad that sends a shiver down my spine. The poor child actor, dressed in bizarre 80s-style clothing, is afflicted with an undecipherable voice but is forced to deliver lines that no child would ever use. The most disturbing of these is the recurring ‘joke’ wordplay around the word ‘arse’. Not sure if this was ever deemed appropriate, but is certainly not now. No smile on my face – just a grimace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing & PR Stopgap £80000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Marketing Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Weetabix. Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £30,000 , Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44