Turkey of the Week: The Sun
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
Jeremy Lee finds The Sun’s "Big Smile Giveaway" spot by Grey London creepy: "There’s something very peculiar about this ad that sends a shiver down my spine. The poor child actor, dressed in bizarre 80s-style clothing, is afflicted with an undecipherable voice but is forced to deliver lines that no child would ever use. The most disturbing of these is the recurring ‘joke’ wordplay around the word ‘arse’. Not sure if this was ever deemed appropriate, but is certainly not now. No smile on my face – just a grimace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight 3D Retail Designer Dynamic New Alliances £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Windsor
- PR Manager - 9 month contract Brand Recruitment Excellent salary plus benefits , Dunstable
- Digital Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Ipswich
- Online Digital Marketing Manager - Small Agency - London Digital Gurus £25000 - £35000 Per Annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'