Diary - Maggie's cross to bear
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
In a year when the New Year Honours list was predictably dominated by our Olympic and Paralympic heroes, acknowledgement of the ad industry’s contribution to the joy of the land was represented by Margaret Johnson.
The Leagas Delaney group chief executive finds herself in the company of Laura Trott, Andy Murray and Ellie Simmonds after being handed an OBE by a grateful nation for services to the creative industries and voluntary industries sector.
Sadly, this year, no-one from the world of advertising achieved the higher CBE accolade, as most recently worn by Cilla Snowball and Farah Ramzan Golant.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Source £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'