We'll call you: Morrisons
marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 January 2013 09:00AM
Ever since he gave the Aussies a summer of cricket tuition in 2005, Andrew Flintoff has been Mole's hero, so we were upset to hear the chain had dropped him
Mktg Hello, is this the customer service line?
Morrisons Yes, can I help you?
Mktg Yes, I heard that you are replacing the cricketer Andrew Flintoff with the TV presenters Ant and Dec. Is this true? It seems a shame. I thought Flintoff was a great fit for the brand.
Morrisons It is true, we have struck a deal with Ant and Dec. It was announced last week and we thought it was a good tie-up. What is it exactly we can help you with?
Mktg Well, I was just a little upset. I thought that Flintoff was great. I just want to know why you decided to drop him as a brand ambassador.
Morrisons As I said, we think Ant and Dec are a great fit for the brand, they are obviously very popular and on TV a lot, so we are very excited about the tie-up. I am not in a position to comment on other brand ambassadors.
Mktg OK, can you just tell, is the case that Ant and Dec will be fronting all Morrisons advertising in the future?
Morrisons As far as my understanding goes, this is the case. The best thing to do if you have any questions about previous brand ambassadors is to send a letter or to email the customer care line. I can give you the address, if that's helpful.
Mktg OK, that is helpful. Is it possible to confirm one thing, will Ant and Dec be used in all the advertising from now on?
Morrisons Yes, that is the case, as far as I know.
Mktg OK, thanks for your time. I appreciate it. If you can give me the customer care address that would be fantastic. Thanks again.
VERDICT: 5 out of 10
The call-handler was not very forthcoming. She was reluctant to provide any details and didn't seem well briefed on the subject matter.
She wasn't able to answer many of Mole's questions and repeatedly tried to persuade us to send a letter or email, which, it could be argued, undermines the whole idea of having a customer care telephone line. The answers she did give seemed rather vague.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure