Diary: How can adland function without Ivy's Bang Bang?
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 August 2007 12:00AM
Stop all pitches, cancel annual leave and rally the troops with a rousing speech in reception: agencies need to unite behind a common cause, and they need to do it quickly if cataclysm is to be avoided.
What disaster, you may well wonder, could possibly necessitate such a federation of adland talent? An Ofcom ban on all food and drink ads bar bread and water? The imminent implosion of commercial TV now that summer has finally got into gear? Worse ... much worse ... Bang Bang Chicken is off the menu at The Ivy.
Sure, there are other starters. Duck and watercress salad or sashimi are both credible alternatives, but none match that chicken in special peanut-buttery sauce. If The Ivy doesn't get it back on the menu pronto, you can be sure St Alban will be cooking up something similar in next to no time.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager - FS Jarlett de Grouchy £37000 per annum + Fully Comprehensive Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SP Planner Stopgap £300 - £500 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager: News4Media News4Media Up to £35000 per annum PLUS uncapped monthly commission structure, London (Greater) / Southwark, London (Greater)
- Business Development/Account Manager - £30k Base (£60-70k OTE) - Online Education - London Digital Gurus £30000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB