Diary: Tequila slams rivals to take Nabs Rugby trophy
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 May 2008 12:00AM
It was a tricky one to call on Sunday: were they tears or raindrops streaming down the faces of the boys from five television as they lost their rugby title to Tequila during the 45th Nabs Rugby 7s tournament?
After holding the title for two glorious years, the team from five was knocked out by Tequila in a quarter-final match, which saw a lot of mud fly and Wags scream.
Among the 27 teams that fought it out for the prize were Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Proximity and McCann Erickson. Meanwhile, a troop of cheerleaders generously paid for by Ogilvy Advertising, were on hand to keep morale high.
Tequila went on to do battle with the warriors from DDB in the final, and eventually snatched the winner's trophy, while MPG and MindShare were snapping at their heels for the runners-up positions, after netting prizes for winning in the group stages.
But this wasn't just an excuse for a bunch of sweaty adland males to handle each other's balls. They also made a load for the charity, raising more than £27,000.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- French agency creates chocolate dildo Easter campaign