What it's really like inside Hovis
By Becky Wilkerson, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 June 2009 08:30AM
We asked the marketing team at Hovis what it's like to work there
How do you come up with new marketing ideas?
We hold brainstorming sessions both internally and with all our agencies. We also analyse consumer feedback and trends. Our consumers really feel that Hovis is part of their lives and are always sharing memories and ideas.
What are the perks of the job?
We have lots of delicious bread around for breakfast and lunchtime, and our office is based in the picturesque town of Windsor.
Describe the marketing team in three words.
Passionate, adventurous, supportive.
What is the main marketing challenge you face?
Dispelling the myths around bread as part of a healthy balanced diet. A lot of celebrity fad diets have irresponsibly slammed bread and carbo-hydrates and we work hard to educate consumers on how important bread is.
Is there a dress code?
Does the marketing team socialise outside office hours?
Quite a lot. There's a pub round the corner that serves the best nachos ever and has a lovely beer garden.
What is the company like for training and career progression?
Good. We get a lot of coaching and training, with courses in everything from commercial awareness and negotiation to bread-making. We recently spent an afternoon learning how to bake the perfect loaf.
Is there anything particularly interesting about your office?
We have lots of old Hovis advertising around, which really inspires us. We also have great views as we're on the doorstep of Windsor Castle.
- Hovis' headquarters is at Hovis Court, 69 Alma Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 3HG.
- Hovis is part of Premier Foods, which employs 17,000 people in the UK. There are 18 people on the Hovis marketing team.
- Premier Foods' annual turnover is £2.6bn.
- Key brands in its portfolio include Mr Kipling, Sharwood's, Quorn and Ambrosia.
- Hovis commanded a 26% value market share in grocery outlets for the four weeks ending 16 May.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Creative Team Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?