Diary: Top Gear creates some car-crash advertising
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 July 2009 12:00AM
Will Jeremy Clarkson do for Volkswagen what he did for jeans sales? His endorsement of denim famously caused the bottom to fall out of that market.
However, DDB London has courageously asked him and his sidekick, James May, to take a stab at creating some car advertising in the latest series of the show.
Look out for the stunned reaction from DDB's Jeremy Craigen; not just at being insulted for wearing a "shit T-shirt", but at the awfulness of the eight ads, one of which includes a reference to Hitler.
T-shirts aside, it's bound to make DDB look good and VW is unlikely to park its account with Clarkson May London anytime soon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Sr Art Director Red Sofa London £60000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign