Diary: Top Gear creates some car-crash advertising
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 July 2009 12:00AM
Will Jeremy Clarkson do for Volkswagen what he did for jeans sales? His endorsement of denim famously caused the bottom to fall out of that market.
However, DDB London has courageously asked him and his sidekick, James May, to take a stab at creating some car advertising in the latest series of the show.
Look out for the stunned reaction from DDB's Jeremy Craigen; not just at being insulted for wearing a "shit T-shirt", but at the awfulness of the eight ads, one of which includes a reference to Hitler.
T-shirts aside, it's bound to make DDB look good and VW is unlikely to park its account with Clarkson May London anytime soon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Comms Planning Director Aspire £45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum, London
- Global Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration