Diary: Top Gear creates some car-crash advertising
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 July 2009 12:00AM
Will Jeremy Clarkson do for Volkswagen what he did for jeans sales? His endorsement of denim famously caused the bottom to fall out of that market.
However, DDB London has courageously asked him and his sidekick, James May, to take a stab at creating some car advertising in the latest series of the show.
Look out for the stunned reaction from DDB's Jeremy Craigen; not just at being insulted for wearing a "shit T-shirt", but at the awfulness of the eight ads, one of which includes a reference to Hitler.
T-shirts aside, it's bound to make DDB look good and VW is unlikely to park its account with Clarkson May London anytime soon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Stunning Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital and Integrated Planner air recruitment Up to £60K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE LEAD - EVENTS & EXPERIENTIAL Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- DIGITAL DESIGNER Live Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London