Diary: Top Gear creates some car-crash advertising
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 July 2009 12:00AM
Will Jeremy Clarkson do for Volkswagen what he did for jeans sales? His endorsement of denim famously caused the bottom to fall out of that market.
However, DDB London has courageously asked him and his sidekick, James May, to take a stab at creating some car advertising in the latest series of the show.
Look out for the stunned reaction from DDB's Jeremy Craigen; not just at being insulted for wearing a "shit T-shirt", but at the awfulness of the eight ads, one of which includes a reference to Hitler.
T-shirts aside, it's bound to make DDB look good and VW is unlikely to park its account with Clarkson May London anytime soon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London