What it's really like inside Southern Comfort
By Becky Wilkerson, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 28 September 2009 06:04PM
We asked the marketing team at Southern Comfort what it's like to work there
escribe the marketing team in three words.
Cheeky, energetic, seamless.
What are the perks of the job?
Every so often we get to visit the homeplace of the brand, New Orleans. The spirits industry is also very sociable.
How do you come up with marketing ideas?
The team works very collaboratively so they can come from anyone at any time.
Does the marketing team have access to round-the-clock Southern Comfort supplies?
We have a responsible stock allowance and monthly cock-tail evenings in the office bar.
Is there a dress code?
Yes - we dress according to the requirements of our day.
Does the marketing team socialise outside office hours?
Socialising with colleagues and agency partners is part of the culture and actively encouraged. You're equally likely to find us enjoying an after-work cocktail in a West End bar, or a pint in our local, the Tom Cribb.
What are the hours like?
Many and varied, but complaints are few and far between.
What is the company like for training and career progression?
Training is excellent, with lots of opportunity to obtain marketing and industry qualifications, as well as other skills such as languages.
What about the salary and benefits package?
We are very lucky to have a fantastic director of rewards.
Is there anything particularly interesting about the inside of your office in terms of decoration?
The quirky Kentuckian art and historical print advertising are often talking points.
- Southern Comfort is based at Bacardi Brown-Forman House, Kings Worthy, Winchester SO23 7TW.
- Southern Comfort has 55 UK employees, of whom six are marketers.
- Key brands in the company that marketers can work on include Southern Comfort, Jack Daniel's and Finlandia.
- Andrew Wilby is vice-president and managing director UK, Ireland and South Africa; Phil Epps, Sandra Brunet and Claire Westlake are the top marketers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Excellent West London Agency Fill Recruitment £32k - £36k, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Managers x 2 - Top 10 Agency Fill Recruitment to £30k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager [Car Account] - Top 10 Agency Fill Recruitment to £38k + great benefits, Central London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3