Day nine, book nine. Wang Wei's poetry reminds marketers that the basic human psyche has not changed all that much since eighth-century China.
Agency bakers gathered in East London last week for The Great Agency Bake Off, which was won by TBWA\London for their chicken and chips cake.
Tango has returned to advertising after a two-year hiatus on Saturday with a deliberately sappy and off-brand TV spot.
Diageo, the drinks giant, has launched a digital out-of-home campaign for Pimm's, which will activate when the weather reaches a temperature of 21 degrees.
Last week's Black Pencil was important because it is a rare example of what can be done with radio, a medium not often taken seriously creatively.
Amazon, the online retailer, is searching for an agency to handle social media activity for its clothing arm.
PZ Cussons has appointed Iris to the international account for its global personal care brands Imperial Leather, Original Source and Carex.
Day eight. Book eight. Jonathan Swift's ferocious satire, which argues babies should be sold as meat to end the Irish famine, can make adland think about how it responds to its own inconvenient truths.
A double-page ad appears in today's Times, calling on the Government to keep the Human Rights Act, and paid for by 1,000 people in a crowd-funded campaign by Amnesty International.
Five black Pencils were awarded at D&AD's glamorous ceremony in London. Scroll through the gallery of pictures from the night.
Sixt, the German car rental company, has appointed Grey London to drive brand awareness with its first major UK advertising campaign.
Twenty-First Century Fox, the film and home entertainment company, is including its £150 million European media planning and buying duties in a complete overhaul of its global media strategy.
HBO's trailer for the second season of True Detective has made it to the top spot.
Ivan Massow, a British businessman, has launched his bid to become London mayor with an animated online film in which he introduces himself as an ex-alcoholic, dyslexic and a gay "disrupter".
Day seven. Book seven. The Chinese magic realism of Wailing Ghosts will inspire marketers to be braver about using more fantastical ideas.
Survivors UK, the charity supporting male survivors of rape and sexual abuse, is launching an online campaign to encourage men to speak out about abuse as a part of the healing process.
Just five of the coveted black Pencils were awarded for creative excellence at last night's D&AD awards ceremony.
Diageo and Bartle Bogle Hegarty have ended their 15-year relationship, as the Baileys and Gordon's accounts move in-house.
Cheil UK has poached Grey's chief marketing officer, Catherine Davis, to become its chief growth officer for the UK and Europe.
UK Trade & Investment, the government body, has appointed Engine to handle its creative advertising.
PDSA, the UK veterinary charity, is searching for a retained agency to oversee its CRM strategy.
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- 2D DESIGNER - LIVE COMMUNCATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot