A lot of time has been taken making a lot of decisions in the compilation of this year's Annual. But one of the toughest decisions we took was to stick with our usual categories.
The Jubilee and Olympics brought only temporary calm to the storms that beset adland, from the eurozone crisis to the UK double-dip, lower client spend to agency collapses. By Ian Darby
Agencies of the year
In its 30th year, the agency sold to Publicis Groupe and became the most-awarded UK shop at Cannes, proving it's just as hungry as ever
Reinventing the T-shirt and reading the minds of football fans pointed to a maturing, confident agency going beyond the usual digital parameters
The agency has won the accolade for the third year running, thanks to its multi-award-winning Kern & Sohn campaign among other great work
Award-winning campaigns for Virgin Media and Ann Summers, plus two new joint ventures, show the agency isn't afraid to take risks to succeed
Creating one of the year's best ads was a feat in itself. Helping to change perceptions of disability was an even more impressive achievement
2012 was all about the Olympics, and among the sponsors there could only be one winner as the sports brand's activity repeatedly struck gold.
A new mindset and progressive approach means that the broadcaster can now genuinely claim to be more than a purveyor of 30-second ads
Bringing loved-up snow people and giant toys to life were just two magical moments in another stellar year for the multifaceted production house
New-business billings totalling more than $4 billion, including big wins for the US and Asia, and eye-catching work made 2012 an impressive year
Innovative work from local offices, 79 Cannes Lions and rapid expansion, including buying Adam & Eve, played their part in a game-changing year
Campaign looks at the top 10 ads of 2012.
- SALES AND MARKETING DIRECOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Account Executive - Hampshire Stonor £20,000 - £23,000 plus benefits, Hampshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Live Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West Midlands
- Web Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20,000 - £24,000, Derbyshire
- Performance Marketing Manager - CLIENT-SIDE - leading digital pioneer Bamboo Crowd £40,000 - £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)