Cannes Lions 2013
Save the Children is on the hunt for an agency to help the charity adapt to the changing digital landscape.
This week, Ian Rees, the vice-president EMEA sales at AdMaxim, puts agency growth plans in place ahead of a predicted mobile growth spurt and joins ad land at the IPA Golf Day.
Sean Thompson, the chief creative officer at Dare, is leaving the agency to pursue a career in film-making.
David Prideaux, the executive creative director of Publicis Chemistry, responds to a suggestion from Bob Greenberg, the R/GA founder, that awards judges should accept "innovative" scam ads.
Take a look at Campaign's top 10 most read opinions and features from July.
Take a look at Campaign's top 20 most read news stories in July, which you might have missed.
Mike Boles and Jerry Hollens, a creative team that has been at Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R for more than 15 years, have left the agency following a restructure.
Adam & Eve/DDB has bolstered its creative firepower with a burst of hires.
Unilever is understood to be revamping its global digital roster, as part of a strategy to build its integrated agency network.
Tim Leake, the former global creative innovation director at technology education company Hyper Island and the SVP of growth and innovation at California-based RPA, argues that agencies need to be "more creative" about creativity.
Omaid Hiwaizi, the chief strategy officer at Geometry Global, explains his hopes for a future of informed debate at Cannes Lions.
Wieden & Kennedy London has hired Danielle Noël and Thom Whitaker, the Mother duo behind the gold Lion-winning "playin' with my friends" work for Ikea, as a senior creative team.
Cannes Lions 2013 in-depth
John O'Keeffe, WPP's worldwide creative director, talks to Kate Magee about Cannes, creativity and why he must learn to use provocative soundbites.
What is the role of today s "media" agencies? One topic that has arisen is whether they have the credibility, capability or creativity to be serious players in the area of "content marketing". I see it as a natural evolution. Our role has always be...
Andrew McGuinness has quit advertising and is now running a public relations agency. But, he insists, today's category-defying creative work is beginning to make such labels redundant.
Has the time come for creative awards organisers across the world to open their doors to the scam ads they find perpetually difficult to stop slipping under the wire? At one time, it would have been unthinkable to even pose the question. Today, some ...
With Gwyn Jones' surprise departure from Bartle Bogle Hegarty - the only employer that he has ever known - industry chat has turned to whether the special covenant that Publicis Groupe promised when it fully bought out the shop still stands.
There is still a long way to go before women can achieve real equality. For now, ads such as Always' '#LikeAGirl' must be applauded, Laura Jordan Bambach writes.
Media impact does not equal real-world effectiveness, despite what goes on in Cannes, Craig Mawdsley says.
Holding groups' obsession with profit is killing creativity. Or so claimed the director Joe Pytka at Cannes this year. 'Advertising is becoming commoditised and that is intrinsically evil - a form of slavery,' he said.
Latest Cannes Lions 2013 video
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show