Kerry Foods' April Redmond was happy to gamble on Hank Marvin - even if she didn't get it at first, John Tylee writes.
Walter Campbell, a creative director at TBWA\London, co-wrote Under The Skin with Jonathan Glazer (who also directed it). The two had worked together before, including on Guinness 'surfer'. The film is based on a cult novel by Michel Faber and stars ...
Adland has much to learn from the Korean pop music industry when it comes to turning its best people into multi-faceted, rounded talent. By Josette James.
Mark Banham asks if the corporation's international radio network should be allowed to start carrying advertising.
In sharp contrast to the supercharged pace of change in Britain s ethnic make-up, progress in boosting the number of staff from ethnic minorities in UK agencies has been snail-like. Even though those numbers are gradually edging towards the national ...
Brands continue to invest in the 'rich spectrum' offered by press, the Newsworks conference confirms. By Arif Durrani.
Media owners hope to woo brands by bringing ITV footage to Twitter through its Amplify service, David Benady writes.
Creativity in the digital world and data's role in trading were hot topics at Advertising Week Europe. By Paul Frampton.
Louise Ridley presents a selection of the most intriguing talks, data, pictures and quotes from the annual European advertising industry get-together, now in its second year.
A view from the top
As this is the final View from the Top [look out for a fresh format next week ed] , I can bend the rules a bit and move away from the "breakfast in Vienna, lunch in Paris and dinner in London" routine. That is for people who mistake travel for wor...
History of Advertising in quite a few objects
History of Advertising No 97: The Marlboro Man's horse Fortune came up with the most graphic comment on the seismic events of 2 April 1993 that rocked the marketing world to its foundations. It was, the magazine declared, "the day the Marlboro Man fell...
No 96: John E Powers' Wanamaker ads Calling John E Powers the father of modern creative advertising is no hyperbole. Nor is it any exaggeration to proclaim him the pioneer of tell-it-like-it-is copywriting. Born in 1837, Powers might arguably lay claim to...
History of Advertising No 95: King of the Bill-Stickers He was the self-crowned King of the Bill-Stickers. Nobody knows his name, but he was clearly confident of his place in the pecking order among the men who turned London into a poster-pasting free-for-all during...
History of Advertising No 94: 64 Lincoln's Inn Fields Early in 1985, a basement office in Holborn became the unlikely starter home of what was to become the world's largest marketing communications group.
History of Advertising No 93: Today It is 19 years since Rupert Murdoch's News International pulled the plug on Today. Yet its role in helping free national newspapers from unions and their Luddite grip, and making them attractive to new advertisers,...
A view from the bottom
Wow" is the word on Team Asda s lips over at VCCP Blue this week. Wow, it may be the "most depressing" time of year but, as our clients report a record performance this Christmas, we take a minute to celebrate the part we had to play. As an industr...
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires