Mel Cruickshank, the chief executive of Wunderman, says women should think hard about when they plan to have children, in our series of interviews ahead of International Women's Day tomorrow.
Direct Marketing News
Iris and Cheil picked up the big awards at the Marketing Agencies Association's Best Awards last night, taking home Agency of the Year and the Grand Prix respectively.
OgilvyOne was told late yesterday (5 March) that it has lost British Airways' loyalty account, after six years running the famous Executive Club scheme.
Alistair Beattie, DDB's EMEA head of strategic planning and innovation, has been promoted to EMEA president of Tribal Worldwide after the departure of Jacco ter Schegget to OgilvyOne China.
The Marketing Agencies Association has appointed Simon Hathaway, the president and global head of retail experience at Cheil, as its new chairman, replacing Ian Millner.
Cancer Research UK is reviewing the agency arrangements for its direct giving and legacy marketing work.
Odeon is looking for a direct agency to help the cinema chain communicate with customers online. Creativebrief has been instructed to advise on the process.
Diageo is looking for an agency to handle the Western Europe direct and e-CRM business for its single-malt whiskies, including its Friends of the Classic Malts club.
Rapp, the Omnicom data and direct marketing agency, has handed control of its entire UK creative output to its executive creative director. Jason Andrews, as chief creative officer Rik Haslam heads to the US.
Moneysupermarket.com, the price-comparison site, has awarded its CRM account to Proximity after a pitch.
Proximity London has hired Aiden Moran, the former head of creative services at Inferno, as its creative operations director, replacing the former creative services director Justin Vir.
Alex Miller, the founder and former chief executive of Jam, has teamed up with the agency's former chief strategy officer Jamie Kenny to launch a start-up called Byte London.
Proximity has won the CRM account for SSE, the UK's second-largest energy supplier, after a five-month pitch with a final stage against Partners Andrews Aldridge.
Microsoft has called a global review of its roster of agencies, which include Crispin Porter & Bogusky, Wunderman and UM.
CMW, the MSQ Partners customer engagement agency, has changed its name to Stack after expanding the business in 2013.
Vertu, the luxury mobile phone manufacturer, has approached agencies to appoint a new shop for global CRM.
Iris Worldwide, the integrated agency, has appointed Sam Noble, its global head of planning, as its first chief strategy officer.
EE, the mobile network provider, has released a spoof digital campaign today that uses Santa as a case study to promote the power of 4G.
Ascot, the horse racing course, has appointed Antidote as its creative agency after competitive pitch.
Morrisons has hired Tribal Worldwide, London as its digital agency of record, ahead of the launch of its first e-commerce service next year.
TMW has promoted its director of social engagement, Chris Buckley, to the new role of director of digital engagement, and Vikki Morgan, formerly the head of community, to the new position of head of social.
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business