Havas has reported income before tax of €94 million (£74.2 million) across the first half of the year, up 5.6 per cent year on year, as UK revenues surged almost 20 per cent in the same period.
Direct Marketing News
WPP, the owner of MediaCom and Ogilvy & Mather, has reported pre-tax profit of £491.1 million in the first half of 2014, up 15.0 per cent year on year, while UK revenues surged by 22 per cent in Q2.
As Lake Capital extends the deadline to agree a deal to buy Engine, the Results International partner Jim Houghton looks at the role of private equity in adland.
Scottish Power, one of Britain's "big six" energy suppliers, has consolidated its UK direct marketing work into Rapp.
Oxfam has called a review of its direct marketing arrangements as it looks to shake up its fundraising activity.
Disney has kicked off a search for an agency to handle its UK CRM work.
Marc Nohr, the founder of Kitcatt Nohr, has resigned from his role as global brand director at the serviced office company Regus.
Lake Capital, the private equity company set to buy Engine, has refused to improve its offer to ex-employee shareholders.
Y&R has promoted Shelley Diamond, its worldwide managing partner, to the new position of global chief client officer.
The Advertising Standards Authority has rapped the Inverness City Advertiser (ICA) for implying illegal drug use in an email mailer for its website Whatsonhighlands.com.
Havas EHS has hired Kitcatt Nohr's chief marketing officer, Tracey Barber, as its group chief marketing officer.
EE has drafted in McCann Enterprise to ramp up its business-to-business (B2B) activity, as the telecoms giant eyes a greater market share.
Rapp has been awarded the creative, media and data accounts for Cigna Insurance Services in the UK, following a three-way pitch.
Southern Comfort is looking for a creative agency to handle its below-the-line and experiential advertising in the UK.
Neilson Active Holidays has appointed MBA to help build its Summer Beach Club and Ski holiday brands, following its management buyout last year.
Kitcatt Nohr has reshaped its client services department and promoted its head of client services, Annette Blunden, to the newly created position of deputy managing director.
After Amazon launched a special wearable technology area of the website, Cameron Day, the development director at TMS, examines why the reality has not yet rivalled the rhetoric.
Mitchells & Butlers, the operator behind pub and bar brands including All Bar One, Toby Carvery, Harvester and O'Neills, is on the hunt for digital and CRM support.
Rapp has hired Alexei Orlov, a former chairman of Wunderman Worldwide, as its chief executive, replacing Bob Horvath, who will continue in his role as chairman.
Rapp, the digital and direct agency has integrated all of its strategy and enablement specialists across its data, creativity and media practices and promoted two to executive planning director.
Yorkshire Building Society has created a campaign around this year's Tour de France, which begins in the county next week.
- Twitter's potential is just beginning to be realised as a way to tap into our lives
- It's not what advertising is good at so much as what it can do better
- Let's hear it for big data - handled with care, it offers award-winning insights
- Rik Haslam: Why decline in DM creative standards could be irreversible
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough