Claire Beale, editor
When the news broke last week that Bartle Bogle Hegarty was parting company with Waitrose (adspend: 25 million) to take on Tesco (adspend: 110 million), someone sent me an old quote by David Abbott. When faced with a similar choice dump one clien...
There s a lot of ambition in 2015 s first issue of Campaign. The essays that follow illustrate an industry (generally) full of confidence and momentum. James Murphy is predicting a return to a fuller service, Philippa Brown calls for more collaborati...
Claire Beale global editor-in-chief, Campaign If you ve got to the end of 2014 with any doubt in your mind that advertising is a fantastic industry to work in, settle back and wallow in the following pages. Here you ll find plenty of evidence...
Last week, the executive creative director of a big ad agency came barrelling up to me, beard twitching, clearly angling for a verbal scrap. I did a quick mental check. Turkey of the Week? Not for a while. Bad review in Private View? Hmm, don t thi...
I'm used to agencies telling me how great they really are, really: just look at all this work, and this smart thinking, and all these tools with silly names.
There are only two things most agencies want to talk about at the moment.
This time last year, I was editing Campaign's sister brand Marketing and we did a little private survey of what clients thought of their agencies.
If you believe the gossip, WPP's Sir Martin Sorrell was on the phone to Sapient Corp's mandarins last weekend making a counter offer for the digital company, which, by Monday morning, had accepted an astonishing $3.7 billion bid to join Publicis Grou...
There must be a story behind the story of Telefónica's media agency shift. I doubt it's one that will show our industry in a good light.
There's been an awful lot of heat generated over the past week about a piece written in Adweek, by Grey's newly promoted chairman Nils Leonard, on the subject of the creative of the future.
Nick Jefferson, 21 January 2015, 1:01PM
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Freelance / Contract PPC Account Manager - Spanish Speaking Aspire £150 - £250 per day, London
- account director > STRATEGIC & ENTERTAINMENT / FILM collectivo Up to £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International copywriter Hanson Search Between 45 000 and 54 000 Euros , Milan (IT)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood