Claire Beale, editor
There must be a story behind the story of Telefónica's media agency shift. I doubt it's one that will show our industry in a good light.
There's been an awful lot of heat generated over the past week about a piece written in Adweek, by Grey's newly promoted chairman Nils Leonard, on the subject of the creative of the future.
There are a few things we need to talk about this week. Thing one: Peter Mead.
When the director Ringan Ledwidge stood up at a Now event last week and talked about the need (the absolute requirement, even) to fight (literally, perhaps) for great ideas, he hardly had to convince his creative agency audience.
The lines of this week's Publicis Groupe press statement announcing some structural fiddling are too close together to read much between them.
I've spent an awful lot of time this past week talking to writers in the US. It's been one of the most thoroughly depressing things I've done in a long time.
It's nearly ten years since J Walter Thompson became JWT and tried to reinvent itself through the pages of an in-house book called Hold My Skateboard While I Kiss Your Girlfriend.
Like quite a lot of people much smarter than me, I completely screwed up over Dare.
Well, that's it.
I had lunch the other day with a former big-agency CEO who went off and did a start-up a couple of years ago.
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood