Claire Beale, editor
The lines of this week's Publicis Groupe press statement announcing some structural fiddling are too close together to read much between them.
I've spent an awful lot of time this past week talking to writers in the US. It's been one of the most thoroughly depressing things I've done in a long time.
It's nearly ten years since J Walter Thompson became JWT and tried to reinvent itself through the pages of an in-house book called Hold My Skateboard While I Kiss Your Girlfriend.
Like quite a lot of people much smarter than me, I completely screwed up over Dare.
Well, that's it.
I had lunch the other day with a former big-agency CEO who went off and did a start-up a couple of years ago.
I sat through a presentation from a big, bright media agency the other day.
I've heard versions of Dave Trott's tales from New York before, but never as brilliantly nailed to what we actually do: build brands. You'll find his story in this week's feature.
I've spent big chunks of the past few weekends reading entries to WPP's internal Atticus Awards, which I'm judging again this year.
Apologies for one last Cannes-fest. I'm so over it all, but we must squeeze the last dregs out of the crazy trade-fair whirl and make sure we got our money's worth from the expensive madness.
Tara Beard-Knowland, 17 September 2014, 5:09PM
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief