Claire Beale, editor
There must be a story behind the story of Telefónica's media agency shift. I doubt it's one that will show our industry in a good light.
There's been an awful lot of heat generated over the past week about a piece written in Adweek, by Grey's newly promoted chairman Nils Leonard, on the subject of the creative of the future.
There are a few things we need to talk about this week. Thing one: Peter Mead.
When the director Ringan Ledwidge stood up at a Now event last week and talked about the need (the absolute requirement, even) to fight (literally, perhaps) for great ideas, he hardly had to convince his creative agency audience.
The lines of this week's Publicis Groupe press statement announcing some structural fiddling are too close together to read much between them.
I've spent an awful lot of time this past week talking to writers in the US. It's been one of the most thoroughly depressing things I've done in a long time.
It's nearly ten years since J Walter Thompson became JWT and tried to reinvent itself through the pages of an in-house book called Hold My Skateboard While I Kiss Your Girlfriend.
Like quite a lot of people much smarter than me, I completely screwed up over Dare.
Well, that's it.
I had lunch the other day with a former big-agency CEO who went off and did a start-up a couple of years ago.
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham