By any measure, 2013 has failed to meet expectations. Following the once-in-a-lifetime highs of London 2012, this was tipped to be a rather uneventful 12 months.
Agency life moves at a ferocious pace. Especially if, like me, you split your time between new business and account management. After focusing on the impact of social media on elections during my politics degree and then spending a year helping start...
I used the No 94 bus for ten years, had a driver for ten years and experienced every type of commute in between. Now, I have the best: by riverboat from Bankside to the Trinity Mirror offices in Canary Wharf - 20 minutes that put me in a good mood an...
Heard the joke about the old man in the last century whose butler brought him The Times in bed each morning?
I'm in that fantastically awkward position of being one year in. People don't quite expect you to be utterly brilliant and smash a brief in two minutes but, equally, you've been in the office long enough that you are not really treated like a junior.
Much has been written already about Publicis Groupe's acquisition of Walker Media this week but, as is so often the way, many of those first drafts will require a rewrite.
I began the week by reading in something august such as The New York Times that "busyness serves as a kind of existential reassurance, a hedge against emptiness and futility".
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London
- Online Channel Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 plus benefits, London