It was not long before talk in Cannes last week turned to the small matter of the $25 billion media business up for grabs in a series of global account reviews.
It was Desmond Tutu who coined the phrase "rainbow nation". And South Africa certainly is a colourful place to live and work.
"Sine qua non" means "without which, nothing".
At some point in your career, you will be sitting with an industry luminary and they will begin to moan about the endless days they have spent sitting in darkened rooms, judging awards.
By the time the final gold Lion was handed out on Saturday night, there were many things for people in the ad industry to be proud of.
There has been a lot of focus on women within the industry of late.
I was watching TV during the Cannes film festival last month when an A-list actor gave the best defence of industry awards I've ever heard.
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- PERMANENT & CONTRACT ROLES Royds Raphael £40K - £55K / £180-£250+DAY RATE, London
- Head Of Propositions Development Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., South East England
- STRATEGIC ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - CONTRACT & PERMANENT Royds Raphael Salary £60k-£70k - CONTRACT OR PERMANENT, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency Royds Raphael £30k-£37k + neg + great bens!, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile