Global Radio creative duo, Charlie Rees and Kevin Price, has won the first Aerial award for radio creativity since the Aerials returned as a monthly competition, with an ad for Kent Fire & Rescue.
Freesat, the satellite TV service, has appointed Now to handle its ad account.
Jamie's Italian, the Jamie Oliver restaurant group, has hired Karmarama as its first advertising agency, after a three-way pitch against Antidote and CheethamBell JWT.
Marks & Spencer has lost the right to bid on the 'Interflora' trademark on Google AdWords, ending a five-year legal battle.
Amazon has moved its global media account into Interpublic Group agency Initiative, after a final pitch against incumbent Mindshare and its sister Group M agency, MediaCom.
Santander, the UK retail and corporate bank, has called a review of its £27 million media planning and buying account, currently held by Carat.
The Army has begun a recruitment campaign aimed at bringing in 10,000 new soldiers and officers over the next 12 months.
Goodstuff Communications has picked up the UK media planning and buying business for Diesel TimeFrames, a joint venture between Fossil Watches and Diesel, after a pitch against incumbent Mindshare.
TV ads with augmented reality technology like Blippar can bring disjointed viewers in a family together, according to Jide Sobo, MEC's head of mobile.
Tennis fans have been given the chance to take part in a training session with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the world number eight, ahead of the French Open, using a Twitter-controlled robot to position shots to him.
AS Watson, the retailer that owns Superdrug and The Perfume Shop, is reviewing its European media planning and buying account, putting the UK incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, on alert.
Beattie McGuinness Bungay has launched a PR agency led by Simon Kelner, the former editor-in-chief and managing director of The Independent.
SCA, the consumer goods company that owns brands including Plenty and Bodyform, is reviewing its global media planning and buying account.
ITV and Channel 4 have both claimed they will outperform the TV ad market in 2013.
Cancer Research UK will share real-time audience messages in ad breaks during Saturday's 'Britain's Got Talent', as part of its Race for Life campaign.
Arena has been awarded the £15 million consolidated European media planning and buying account for Betfair, following a pitch against Mindshare, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Starcom.
Jaguar is set to begin a global campaign to promote the launch of its new F-Type sports car.
Havas Worldwide London has hired Proximity's Justin Vir as head of digital.
Samsung has struck a product placement deal with The Wanted to feature its Galaxy S4 model phone in the band's latest music video, 'Walks Like Rihanna'.
Research for Microsoft's first ad campaign to raise awareness about online privacy found that although 84% of people are concerned about it almost 50% are doing nothing about it.
Havas Worldwide London has appointed Leila Bartlam, the managing director of Cut+Run and former head of TV at Adam & Eve, as its head of film.
Things We Like
Campaign's selection of media news and views of note in the week before 24 March 2013.
- Radio chiefs sanguine about the great London switch-off
- Are television budgets under real threat?
- The science behind outdoor advertising
- Rothermere plots global domination for Mail Online
- Yes, magazines 'work', but show us the data
- Is Blippar TV more than a gimmick?
- Radio renaissance
- Is real-time marketing the future of advertising?
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
- SEO Manager Michael Page Digital GBP30000 - GBP40000 per annum, Manchester
- SEO Manager Michael Page Digital GBP30000 - GBP50000 per annum, Manchester
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora
Forget the digital cluster bomb – be more like Bob
It’s said that the average person is exposed to 30,000 marketing messages a day. To me that’s worrying news for us marketers – especially if it’s your job is to build marketing relationships with consumers.