Another stellar year for the reigning champion saw planning advances produce truly connected campaigns, while deeper creative and technical partnerships impressed the awards judges.
Searchlight Capital Partners, the private equity owner of Hunter wellies, has bought a majority stake in Ocean Outdoor for an estimated £80 million.
1. John Lewis, John Lewis Southampton Impossible to knowingly undersell, this clever campaign promoted new departments at the John Lewis store in Southampton. As the biggest store in the city s West Quay development is close to the Solent, it s a...
Denise Turner is leaving Havas Media Group after 14 years to become director of insight at Newsworks.
Ebuyer.com, the online electronics retailer, has launched its first major TV sponsorship campaign with Dave, the UKTV Freeview channel, in a £2.8 million deal.
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
Mail Advertising, the commercial operation for the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, has merged its classified and display advertising sales teams under Rosemary Gorman as part of a group restructure.
MediaCom has won the consolidating pitch for Mars' global media planning business, spanning 80 markets.
An online ad promoting 'The Walking Dead' has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority for showing graphic violence on a website used by children.
WPP has appointed Roberto Quarta to succeed chairman Philip Lader and to join the board as non-executive director.
Simon Rees is stepping down as chief executive of Digital Cinema Media (DCM) at the end of January, to be replaced by interim leader Karen Stacey.
Auto Trader, the marketplace for new and used cars, is launching a £6.5 million TV campaign on Boxing Day, drawing on the different ways people look for their perfect car.
Robin Williams, the comic actor who took his own life in August, was the most popular Google search in 2014, according to data released by the search engine.
Johnston Press has appointed Andrew Cunning, the creative director at Harper Collins Publishers, as chief creative officer and hired Liam Reynolds to lead its national ad sales.
Citizen, the watch brand, has taken over the Bullring shopping centre in Birmingham, making use of the centre's large digital screen, giant atrium banner and free Wi-Fi mobile homepage.
Television content meets a fundamental human need for group and familial bonding like no other media, and advertisers benefit from the strong engagement, according to new research.
Sharon White, the second permanent secretary at HM Treasury, will be the next chief executive of the broadcasting regulator Ofcom, replacing Ed Richards.
Carat has appointed Sally Silver, M4C's head of digital, to head up its government media team following the account's move into the Dentsu Aegis Network.
BT Group has entered into exclusive talks to buy EE from the European mobile operators Deutsche Telekom and Orange for £12.5 billion.
Things We Like
Things we like: Condé Nast getting technical, News and mags mobile boost and Digital radio at Christmas
Cond Nast getting technical Cond Nast is pulling out all the stops for the UK launch of the tech news site Ars Technica (from Latin for the "art of technology"). It s the first UK launch since it imported Wired in April 2009. You could be forgi...
The shape of the family unit is changing and brands must stop thinking of it as a defined group of people, Rian Shah writes.
As one of the few strong-performing print brands, the title is seeking to entice digital-savvy young audiences.
The latest Wave survey from UM suggests why brands are still struggling to make content viral.
The media agency is putting its faith in a user-experience focus after a two-year rollercoaster ride, Ed Owen reports.
From creativity of the human brain to a sports brand launch, the key word at the event is collaboration. By David Benady.
An all-round performance sees the ITV sales team top this year's commercial TV broadcaster rankings, while the deal-makers at Channel 5 are honourable runners-up, Maisie McCabe writes.
The agency recently threw open its doors to leaders in tech and media as it begins to redefine its offer, Ed Owen reports.
Agency trading desks remain an issue for many clients, but are their fears misplaced? Arif Durrani investigates.
Amid all the leadership changes in the media this year, the one no-one saw coming was last week's abrupt exit of the effervescent Fru Hazlitt from ITV.
The other day I was chatting to the head of a media company about how one of his new recruits had settled in. He said that his new employee, a senior executive, had settled in well, and was already making a great contribution. He'd reported that he'd...
When Campaign asked last month "Is the future of media female?", it drew some interesting responses. It really is about time we made progress on this issue.
It's awkward question time: What do Lewis Hamilton, President Obama and 1.3 per cent of the UK's advertising and media agency workforce have in common?
‘Welcome your thoughts and emotions’ – Dr Guy Meadows, sleep physiologist and founder of The Sleep School
NABS, 18 December 2014, 5:12PM
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Junior Account Director, Retail, Manchester Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- Regional Marketing Manager Mortimer Spinks £37000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes
- Digital Content Manager Pitch Consultants £32000 - £36000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control