Evian has launched the second stage of its popular global 'Amazing Baby & Me 2' activity, which features the mini Spider-Man character solving people's dilemmas on Twitter in a campaign run through We Are Social.
Steven Sharp, the former marketing director of Marks & Spencer, is working as a consultant for WPP, which now holds both the creative and media accounts for the retailer.
Increases in client spend on traditional media channels have outstripped that on digital for the first time in three years, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
Google has released research on UK YouTube users for the first time.
Metro, the free newspaper, has formed an in-house creative agency called Story to meet increasing demands around content marketing.
Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, has called attempts by rival holding groups, Omnicom and Publicis Groupe to form a £23 bilion "merger of equals" "impossible".
Sky has started to trial its #WatchOnSky tool on Twitter, which lets customers watch or record TV programmes by simply clicking icons contained within a tweet.
The Post Office has kicked off a '24-hour Property Challenge', exclusively within Channel 4 ad spots.
Dentsu Aegis, the parent network of Carat and Vizeum, has become the only media network to be appointed to the Government's market research roster which has just been announced.
Manning Gottlieb OMD has the most shortlisted entries in this year's Thinkbox TV Planning Awards, run in association with Campaign and MediaWeek.
We Are Pi, the Amsterdam-based agency, has won Wrangler's European advertising account after a competitive pitch.
BBC Radio 4 and 6 Music have appointed content house Somethin' Else to their social media account, to create more than 100 pieces of activity per month.
Almost a quarter of shoppers use their mobile phones while waiting outside retail destinations, whereas only three per cent use them while looking at products, according to research from Starcom MediaVest Group.
The Internet Advertising Bureau UK has released guidelines for "viewable impressions" for online display ads, saying that an ad is "viewable" if half of it appears in the browser for one second.
Powerade, the Coca-Cola-owned sports drink, has launched a global campaign with FC Barcelona player Andrés Iniesta, ahead of the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
Dove is releasing the follow-up to its Cannes Titanium Grand Prix-winning 'Real Beauty Sketches' campaign in cinemas across the UK, marking a first for the brand.
M&C Saatchi expects its remaining 24.9 per cent stake in Walker Media to quadruple in value, after it sold three quarters of the business to Publicis Groupe for £36 million in November.
iProspect, the Dentsu Aegis digital and data network, has bolstered its UK team with a raft of new senior roles, including Matt Adams who will join iProspect UK as chief media officer, from DigitasLBi.
Unilever has created a YouTube channel filled with hair styling tutorials from well-known video bloggers as a platform to advertise a range of its hair brands.
Google was among the UK's biggest advertisers last year, after a 50 per cent lift in total spend.
Charles Courtier, the global chief executive of MEC, has described the awarding of the $1 billion (£600 million) worldwide media account to his agency as a "life changing win" and "crucially important" to his network, in a missive to staff.
Things We Like
Things we like this week include Mad Men, the IAB and the Media Week Awards 2014 co-chairs.
- Finding the space between ecstasy and horror
- Power of newsbrands reinforced at Shift 2014
- ITV and Twitter unite to usher in social TV era
- Advertising Week explores industry's appetite for change
- How Lemz became a crime-fighter
- Will Lebedev's London Live be a success?
- A history lesson on the fight for self-regulation
- Internet giants fight back with ad trading solutions
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires