Maurice Lévy, the chief executive of Publicis Groupe, has described 2014 as an "annus horribilis", after the collapse of the $35 billion merger with Omnicom.
M&C Saatchi, Fold7, BMB and Grey London have been taken through to the next stage in the Paddy Power creative review.
Costa, the coffee shop chain owned by Whitbread, is reviewing its eCRM business in the UK for its loyalty club.
Searchlight Capital Partners, the private equity owner of Hunter wellies, has bought a majority stake in Ocean Outdoor for an estimated £80 million.
Tetley, the tea brand, is set to launch the second TV ad in its £13 million ad push on Christmas Eve.
Lucozade, the soft drinks brand, is looking for an agency to lead on its digital activity.
1. John Lewis, John Lewis Southampton Impossible to knowingly undersell, this clever campaign promoted new departments at the John Lewis store in Southampton. As the biggest store in the city s West Quay development is close to the Solent, it s a...
Peta, the non-profit animal rights organisation, has launched a campaign that encourages consumers to lead a vegan lifestyle and avoid turkey this Christmas.
Razorfish's UK chief executive, Chris Mellish, will leave the business at the beginning of 2015.
1. Sue Unerman The brains behind the brawn of Group M s leading media shop, MediaCom s Unerman tops this list for the second successive year as her impact and influence on the business remain second to none. Her work around behavioural economics co...
1. The Publicis/Omnicom merger When the $35 billion mega-merger between Publicis Groupe and Omnicom collapsed spectacularly in May, it wasn t just egg that was left on the faces of Maurice L vy and John Wren the damage went deeper still. Born fro...
Denise Turner is leaving Havas Media Group after 14 years to become director of insight at Newsworks.
Ebuyer.com, the online electronics retailer, has launched its first major TV sponsorship campaign with Dave, the UKTV Freeview channel, in a £2.8 million deal.
Gay Haines, the founder of global executive search firm Grace Blue, gives her tips about things to consider when looking for a new agency leader, whether chief executive or executive creative director.
1. John Litster It was with a heavy heart that Litster became the managing director of BSkyB at the start of the year, following the tragic death of Nick Milligan in 2013. To end the year with continued growth of more than 800 million in ad revenu...
Johnnie Walker has appointed Anomaly as its global lead creative agency, ditching Bartle Bogle Hegarty after 15 years.
ING Direct, the Dutch finance company, has appointed VCCP Sydney to run its advertising account.
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
Comparethemarket.com is going to have its own dramatic Christmas Day storyline as one of the meerkats departs the advertiser's mini soap during a special ad to air on ITV.
Mother has flown a well-known Jesus impersonator from Los Angeles to London as a Christmas stunt.
Celebrities popped up in several ads this year, many of which featured in Campaign's Turkey of the Week. Here's the top ten turkeys with celebrity appearances.
Warner Leisure, owned by the Bourne Leisure, has appointed Now without a pitch.
1. Dear Jeremy, What is the biggest misconception about the advertising industry? That it s an industry. A defining characteristic of an industry is that it has shared goals. Advertising doesn t. The minor elements, agencies and media, both want ad...
Mail Advertising, the commercial operation for the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, has merged its classified and display advertising sales teams under Rosemary Gorman as part of a group restructure.
MediaCom has won the consolidating pitch for Mars' global media planning business, spanning 80 markets.
1. Ringan Ledwidge Ledwidge was behind the camera on the UK s most talked-about ad this year Sainsbury s "Christmas is for sharing". And it is to his credit that even commentators who thought the retailer crossed a line when it co-opted World War...
Technics, the audio brand, has relaunched after six years with a new music service and ad campaign designed to "evoke the feeling of rediscovering music".
1. The Pilion Trust, fuck the poor The Pilion Trust charity launched a multi-award-winning campaign in which a man attempted to shock people into donating by walking around London wearing a sign reading: "Fuck the poor." The man was filmed inciti...
An online ad promoting 'The Walking Dead' has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority for showing graphic violence on a website used by children.
WPP has appointed Roberto Quarta to succeed chairman Philip Lader and to join the board as non-executive director.
1. Flava-It unleash your meat lust , Code Computerlove A girl going on a suggestive psychedelic journey after eating a meat bap at a party hosted by hipsters was never going to be funny or clever. This ad has definitely fallen flat with its...
1. Lucy Jameson The surfeit of senior planning talent created by the merger of Adam Eve and DDB UK proved to be Grey London s gain. Jameson has played a key role in the transformation of the agency since joining from DDB UK in 2012. The robust st...
Simon Rees is stepping down as chief executive of Digital Cinema Media (DCM) at the end of January, to be replaced by interim leader Karen Stacey.
Auto Trader, the marketplace for new and used cars, is launching a £6.5 million TV campaign on Boxing Day, drawing on the different ways people look for their perfect car.
1. Beats Music It is not often that agencies get to add billions of dollars to a client s net worth and provide impetus for one of the biggest tech deals of recent times. Trent Reznor, the Nine Inch Nails frontman and Beats chief creative officer, ...
Lucky Generals is replacing Mother as Pot Noodle's main creative agency after a competitive pitch.
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Marketing Exec/ Manager Stopgap £135 - £150 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum + 12 month contract, Surrey
- Digital Planner/Media Buyer Stopgap £200 per day, London
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £60000 per annum, London
Trending on Campaign
Consider yourself as funny as Paul Lawson, creative as Nils Leonard or savvy as James Murphy? Answer the next 10 questions to find out which influential A-Lister you most closely resemble.
How much can you remember from 2014? Take part in our Christmas quiz and find out...
Campaign takes a look at some of the finest festive efforts from adland.
Campaign takes of look at the major Christmas ads including John Lewis, Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Asda and Debenhams, some of which have pulled at viewers' heartstrings, while others have offered up some comedy.
A crowdsourced marathon between interactive screens that timed runners and shared their congratulatory selfies is named the winner of the Campaign CityLive Challenge.
George Bryant founder and global innovations director,The Brooklyn Brothers, and Owen Lee, executive creative director, FCB Inferno, gave us their take on a selection of ads from the month just gone.
The city's inclusive spirit is a magnet for international talent looking for inspiration
Collaboration, content and effectiveness were three of the big issues on the agenda as our agency partners met around the table for Campaign's third Adland in Amsterdam debate.
Audiences are always hungry for cultural interactions but, unless those communications are conducted correctly, your brand risks being chewed up and spat out
Perhaps it is the city's compactness that forces people to 'think outside the box' and strive for the big idea
The way to build a global micro-network is by exporting Amsterdam's open and inclusive philosophy