Rolls-Royce, the luxury car brand owned by BMW, is reviewing its global advertising business, currently held by Partners Andrews Aldridge.
Global Radio creative duo, Charlie Rees and Kevin Price, has won the first Aerial award for radio creativity since the Aerials returned as a monthly competition, with an ad for Kent Fire & Rescue.
Sage by Heston Blumenthal, a new range of appliances from the celebrity chef, has appointed MBA to handle its UK advertising account.
Comparethemarket.com is holding a pitch for its CRM business, currently held by Havas EHS, in the second review of its creative roster this year.
British American Tobacco is looking for an advertising agency to handle a campaign to support the launch of its Vype electronic cigarette next year.
Diageo is looking to expand its roster with a search for an advertising agency to handle its vodka brand Cîroc.
The Department for Transport is looking for an advertising agency to continue its Think! road-safety campaign, ending a decades-long relationship with Leo Burnett, in the first major brief issued to the Government's new creative framework.
JWT London has hired Laurence Barber from Mother as its head of broadcast, replacing Anthony Falco.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has won a pitch to create a campaign to boost sales of low-emission cars.
This week's pitch news.
Freesat, the satellite TV service, has appointed Now to handle its ad account.
Marks & Spencer's agencies were confident this week that no agency review would take place imminently, despite the retirement of the brand's executive director of marketing, Steven Sharp.
Mother has promoted the creative director Gustavo Sousa to partner and tasked him with planning the launch of an office in Brazil.
The advertising industry is to urge Labour to drop plans to include a Swedish-style ban on advertising to children in its manifesto at the 2015 General Election.
Ikea's ad featuring a family at war with their garden gnomes has escaped an Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) investigation, despite the ad watchdog receiving almost 50 complaints.
Metro, the free newspaper owned by Daily Mail & General Trust, is backing its new online gaming platform, Metro Play, with a £1.9m national ad campaign using the tagline "More rewarding ways to Metro Play".
Grand Visual has hired Ben Putland as production director and Jeremy Taylor as account director.
Jamie's Italian, the Jamie Oliver restaurant group, has hired Karmarama as its first advertising agency, after a three-way pitch against Antidote and CheethamBell JWT.
DigitasLBi and Razorfish, the Publicis-owned digital networks, have appointed international leaders.
Delivery Hero, the company that owns a network of food delivery websites, is looking for an ad agency to work on its brands in Europe.
OgilvyOne has hired Mark South as regional director of strategic services for Europe, Africa and the Middle East (EAME).
Direct Marketing News
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Digital/Ecommerce/Online Marketing Executive Alpari (UK) Ltd Up to £35,000 + bonus & benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Renewables Met Office £20,570 up to £21,560 for exceptional candidates + competitive benefits, Based in Exeter
- Senior web producer for clientside role in Clerkenwell £45-50k Digital Gurus £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- Marks & Spencer loses AdWords battle to Interflora
Forget the digital cluster bomb – be more like Bob
It’s said that the average person is exposed to 30,000 marketing messages a day. To me that’s worrying news for us marketers – especially if it’s your job is to build marketing relationships with consumers.