MediaCom has won the consolidating pitch for Mars' global media planning business, spanning 80 markets.
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
Comparethemarket.com is going to have its own dramatic Christmas Day storyline as one of the meerkats departs the advertiser's mini soap during a special ad to air on ITV.
Mother has flown a well-known Jesus impersonator from Los Angeles to London as a Christmas stunt.
Celebrities popped up in several ads this year, many of which featured in Campaign's Turkey of the Week. Here's the top ten turkeys with celebrity appearances.
Warner Leisure, owned by the Bourne Leisure, has appointed Now without a pitch.
1. Dear Jeremy, What is the biggest misconception about the advertising industry? That it s an industry. A defining characteristic of an industry is that it has shared goals. Advertising doesn t. The minor elements, agencies and media, both want ad...
Mail Advertising, the commercial operation for the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, has merged its classified and display advertising sales teams under Rosemary Gorman as part of a group restructure.
1. Ringan Ledwidge Ledwidge was behind the camera on the UK s most talked-about ad this year Sainsbury s "Christmas is for sharing". And it is to his credit that even commentators who thought the retailer crossed a line when it co-opted World War...
Technics, the audio brand, has relaunched after six years with a new music service and ad campaign designed to "evoke the feeling of rediscovering music".
1. The Pilion Trust, fuck the poor The Pilion Trust charity launched a multi-award-winning campaign in which a man attempted to shock people into donating by walking around London wearing a sign reading: "Fuck the poor." The man was filmed inciti...
WPP has appointed Roberto Quarta to succeed chairman Philip Lader and to join the board as non-executive director.
An online ad promoting 'The Walking Dead' has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority for showing graphic violence on a website used by children.
Simon Rees is stepping down as chief executive of the Digital Cinema Media (DCM) at the end of January, to be replaced by interim leader Karen Stacey.
1. Flava-It unleash your meat lust , Code Computerlove A girl going on a suggestive psychedelic journey after eating a meat bap at a party hosted by hipsters was never going to be funny or clever. This ad has definitely fallen flat with its...
1. Lucy Jameson The surfeit of senior planning talent created by the merger of Adam Eve and DDB UK proved to be Grey London s gain. Jameson has played a key role in the transformation of the agency since joining from DDB UK in 2012. The robust st...
Auto Trader, the marketplace for new and used cars, is launching a £6.5 million TV campaign on Boxing Day, drawing on the different ways people look for their perfect car.
1. Beats Music It is not often that agencies get to add billions of dollars to a client s net worth and provide impetus for one of the biggest tech deals of recent times. Trent Reznor, the Nine Inch Nails frontman and Beats chief creative officer, ...
Lucky Generals is replacing Mother as Pot Noodle's main creative agency after a competitive pitch.
Robin Williams, the comic actor who took his own life in August, was the most popular Google search in 2014, according to data released by the search engine.
Johnston Press has appointed Andrew Cunning, the creative director at Harper Collins Publishers, as chief creative officer and hired Liam Reynolds to lead its national ad sales.
Citizen, the watch brand, has taken over the Bullring shopping centre in Birmingham, making use of the centre's large digital screen, giant atrium banner and free Wi-Fi mobile homepage.
1. Ben Priest, Ben Tollett and Emer Stamp Adam Eve/DDB s wunderkinds knock Bartle Bogle Hegarty s Nick Gill off the top spot a perch he has occupied for the past three years. In addition to a barnstorming performance at Cannes that lifted the m...
Kia Motors Europe has appointed SapientNitro to be its lead European digital agency.
Television content meets a fundamental human need for group and familial bonding like no other media, and advertisers benefit from the strong engagement, according to new research.
Sunshine, the start-up creative agency, has hired Sophie Tait as its business director, looking after Baileys.
Sharon White, the second permanent secretary at HM Treasury, will be the next chief executive of the broadcasting regulator Ofcom, replacing Ed Richards.
Carat has appointed Sally Silver, M4C's head of digital, to head up its government media team following the account's move into the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Winning Campaign's Advertising Agency of the Year is a "validation of all the hard work" that Adam & Eve/DDB has put in this year, according to Ben Priest, the agency's founding partner and executive creative director.
John Lewis's "Monty the penguin" was the most compelling Christmas ad of 2014, according to research by facial recognition analysts.
BT Group has entered into exclusive talks to buy EE from the European mobile operators Deutsche Telekom and Orange for £12.5 billion.
Matt Redman, the UK content and social lead of Wunderman Live, explains the four things agencies need to think about before embarking on content marketing.
Broadband Delivery UK, the body responsible for building out superfast broadband, is launching a TV ad to promote the benefits of its investment in improving internet access.
Ogilvy & Mather has appointed Ben Richards as worldwide chief strategy officer, a new role that reports directly to the worldwide chairman and chief executive, Miles Young.
1. Garry Lace and Miguel Herrera The manager of the Mexican national football team became a familiar face on TV screens during the summer s World Cup. Such is his resemblance to the former managing director of TBWA\London (and ex-chief executive of...
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Media Planning Business Director-FMCG clients Lipton Fleming £55000 per annum + benefits, London
- Data Planner Stopgap £190 per day, London
- Digital Product Owner EMR £90000 per annum, London
- Account Director DU Group £75,000 to £90,000 (flexibility for exceptional individuals), Bourne End, South Buckinghamshire
Trending on Campaign
Consider yourself as funny as Paul Lawson, creative as Nils Leonard or savvy as James Murphy? Answer the next 10 questions to find out which influential A-Lister you most closely resemble.
How much can you remember from 2014? Take part in our Christmas quiz and find out...
Campaign takes a look at some of the finest festive efforts from adland.
Campaign takes of look at the major Christmas ads including John Lewis, Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Asda and Debenhams, some of which have pulled at viewers' heartstrings, while others have offered up some comedy.
A crowdsourced marathon between interactive screens that timed runners and shared their congratulatory selfies is named the winner of the Campaign CityLive Challenge.
George Bryant founder and global innovations director,The Brooklyn Brothers, and Owen Lee, executive creative director, FCB Inferno, gave us their take on a selection of ads from the month just gone.
The city's inclusive spirit is a magnet for international talent looking for inspiration
Collaboration, content and effectiveness were three of the big issues on the agenda as our agency partners met around the table for Campaign's third Adland in Amsterdam debate.
Audiences are always hungry for cultural interactions but, unless those communications are conducted correctly, your brand risks being chewed up and spat out
Perhaps it is the city's compactness that forces people to 'think outside the box' and strive for the big idea
The way to build a global micro-network is by exporting Amsterdam's open and inclusive philosophy