Harvey Nichols offers antidote to the 'walk of shame'
Retailer Harvey Nichols has launched a tongue-in-cheek "walk of shame" viral as part of its Christmas marketing push.
The film by DDB aims to show how women can avoid the embarrassing walk home after spending the night at someone else's house, by shopping at Harvey Nichols.
The viral is designed to show the retailer, "has everything you need to walk home with your glamorous head held high".
Harvey Nichols claims shoppers can turn embarrassment to pride by buying from ranges including Valentino, Giambattista Valli, Nina Ricci and Chrisopher Kane.
The retailer says it also has extras to help the morning-after recovery, including Bliss eye masks and Percy & Reed's dry shampoo.
Julia Bowe, group marketing director at Harvey Nichols, said: "We always like to take something true to life and have fun with it, and see how Harvey Nichols can make things better.
"A fabulous dress teamed with a great pair of shoes will atone for a multitude of sins in our eyes."
The clip is being hosted on the brand's YouTube channel. Viewers are also being encouraged to share their "walk-of-shame" stories by sharing them on Twitter via the #walkofshame hashtag.
Follow Matthew Chapman on @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £33,000, London
- Senior Data Planner/Analyst Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £75,000, London
- Partnerships Account Director - eCommerce Business Silverdrum to £45,000 + bonus + stock + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity