There are only two things most agencies want to talk about at the moment.
We were surprised at the timing of the independent ISBA review of the agency community, and wonder if it helps or hinders the dialogue we are already engaged in. It has been no secret that we have spent the past 18 months inclusively debating how c...
Once home to fishermen and farmers, modern Hong Kong is a teeming, commercially vibrant metropolis where Chinese and Western influences fuse. It is a small place and the people are very sensitive to new trends. In the past decade, Hong Kong has had t...
More than three-quarters of agencies identify user experience as the biggest shortfall client-side. One explanation is that UX is still evolving. Another is that UX and marketing have fundamental values directly opposed to one another. The primary fu...
I was struck by a comment on Radio 4's Hidden Histories Of The Information Age: "The weakness of modern strategy is that it is too reliant on technology - the triumph of accuracy of outputs with no impact on outcomes."
Latest from the blogs
FROM TEA TO BISCUITS… AND DAVE DYE’S FIRST BOOK
Lol and Nat
Dave Dye has won many awards.
But today he wins the prize for Most Obliging Entrant to BeforeTheyWereFamous.org In The World Ever.
On our first day here at Mother, he came up to us and asked if we’d like some more early scamps to put onto our #MyFirstFolio site. An hour later he put them into our actual hands. We didn’t have to e-harass him or anything.
THE BEST BOOKS ARE THE ONES YOU ACTUALLY READ
Everywhere you look it’s the same thing: content is king.
Execution is king.
Content is what you find in school textbooks.
It’s information, it’s dull, it’s a penance.
DOING WELL BY DOING GOOD
In the third world, 2 million children die each year from diarrhoea and pneumonia.
But we have a treatment that could save 600,000 young lives.
Is it complicated, is it expensive, is it rare?
Did you see? Did you hear?
Buzz. Word of mouth. Fame. Water cooler chat. Virality. Memes. Tittering (and twittering). Not to mention gossip. So many different words to convey the idea that lots of people are talking about someone or something. And what better way to be talked about than to link yourself or your brand to a popular event or time – sporting, holidays, awards and the like.
WHAT DO YOU USE FOR FUEL?
In his biography Peter Mead talks about his first job.
He was sixteen, he’d just left school with two ‘O’ level GCSEs.
He was applying for a job as a dispatch boy.
- Facebook’s Rooms App Could be a Horror Story in the Making Jonathan Akwue 31-Oct-2014 The new Rooms app allows users to post comments, pictures and videos anonymously. Has Facebook given internet trolls a new home?
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad