Until last week, the most thrilling thing to come out of Grey London was e-mail-gate (search Garry Lace on Campaignlive - God, this industry used to be a jaw-dropper).
"Sine qua non" means "without which, nothing".
At some point in your career, you will be sitting with an industry luminary and they will begin to moan about the endless days they have spent sitting in darkened rooms, judging awards.
Latest from the blogs
SINE QUA NON
âSine qua nonâ means âwithout which, nothingâ
One of the things every planner knows is Maslowâs Hierarchy of Needs.
Itâs a simple chart: a pyramid.
It describes what a human being needs for survival at various stages.
THINKING LIKE A PARROT
As a boy, Richard Feynman and his father used to go for walks in the woods.
One day he went with a friend instead, they saw a bird on a tree.
King of Ping: A Pizza the Action
Words by Katie O’Brien
The run-up to the King of Ping fundraiser brought with it a sense of excitement, anticipation and plenty of fight talk. And who can blame us? Not only was this the first event run by NABS’ new committee of young industry leaders – but it was the first time the King of Ping title had been up for grabs. It was time to grab a paddle and jump into the saddle.
New Lines for London Underground
A while ago we wrote about the Poetiquette campaign that’s been up on the tubes.Â A lovely way to encourage people to be less self-involved while they’re travelling.
They’ve now awarded a winner – JenniferÂ Dart from Rayleigh in Essex, who saw off competition from over 6,000 aspiring poets to be crowned the official winner of theÂ Travel Better London poetry competition.
OLI AND JOSIE WIN AT CANNES
There is a brilliant young placement team here at AMV, called Oli and Josie.
We’ve been fans of theirs ever since we saw their spec ‘Micro-tipsy’ campaign for Becks.
But now they have made a very witty grandprixgenerator.co.uk
JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS
Mary Miller, a 35-year-old blonde, went up to the 8th floor of the Genesee hotel, opened a window and climbed onto the ledge.
She sat on the ledge.
A crowd gathered and when the police arrived, everyone assumed theyâd talk her down.
- Marketing Support Dot-Gap £17k, London Central
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile