Having recently sung the praises of traditional TV, albeit an evolved model, it's important to posit an alternative view of filmic communication in 2014.
In my experience of management, the more senior alpha males become in an agency, the more they are attracted to making decisions based on gut instinct.
The incredible size of the industry's heart was evident last week at the charity fundraiser and evening of celebration of the life of Nick Milligan.
I've always thought that the best advertising people are those who are a bit suspicious of it. That may well be true of other professions. A degree of distance, a measure of not-drinking-the-Kool-Aid, might help you be good at your job. That's certai...
Sweden or, more accurately, the Nordics, has been in the news recently. The Guardian writer Michael Booth had a bit of a "pop", as you say in the UK. He said of the Swedes: "They don t hate you, they are just terrified of unnecessary human contact....
Latest from the blogs
Good night, sleep tight: finding a good night’s sleep
There is no worldly reason why I should be awake right now.
I’ve done everything I’m meant to.
I’ve taken a relaxing, aromatic bath. I’ve had a glass of warm milk. I’m listening to whale song and channelling my chakra, for Pete’s sake, why am I still awake??
Brands are out in force at SXSW
Jon Buckley is head of social at Cheil
As you can see from the size of their cars and food portions, our American friends like to go large – something that’s also true of SXSW. Everything about the show seems to be bigger this year, including the brands.
The problem with creative people
Out of all the myriad aspects of my portfolio life – consulting at the top level, guiding agencies to winning huge chunks of new business, being with Decoded on its fascinating journey, putting out the bins, picking fluff from my belly button – one of my favourites is running creative workshops.
SXSWi 2014: Day two (9 March)
Don’t put too much stock in the title of this blog. It is not the second day of SXSWi, it’s the third. I just called it day two because that’s how long I’ve been here.
SXSWi 2014: Adland in Austin (R/GA)
I spoke to James Temple (ECD and VP, R/GA London) and Nick Law (global chief creative officer, R/GA) in an Austin Irish bar during the half-time break of the England v Wales Six Nations game.
SXSWi 2014: Twitter: the albatross around SXSW’s neck
Twitter has been an albatross around the neck of South by Southwest Interactive, according to the festival’s director, Hugh Forrest.
Forrest was speaking at a panel debate about current trends on Sunday 9 March when said Twitter’s success following the 2007 festival was a huge boon for SXSWi but had created expectations that similar breakthroughs would happen every year.
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%