There's been an awful lot of heat generated over the past week about a piece written in Adweek, by Grey's newly promoted chairman Nils Leonard, on the subject of the creative of the future.
In a recent Tech viewpoint, Rightster s Charlie Muirhead quite rightly pointed out that the "success of one channel needn t come at the expense of another". Shortly after this, we did some research that provided proof of his assertion. The numbers ...
Back in the summer (can you remember the summer?), I made time to read Evgeny Morozov s To Save Everything, Click Here and realised our sins will save us. Morozov is peeved about a lot of stuff, specifically innovation for the sake of it and, broad...
Was the John Lewis boss, Andy Street, deliberately trying to manage expectations of its Christmas ad campaign with his comments at the recent World Retail Congress? Street - who, later on the train home, managed to offend the French by telling a jour...
The celebration this week of ten years of the Internet Advertising Bureau's Engage conference serves as a reminder of just how fast the digital media landscape has developed.
Latest from the blogs
Nice isn’t a word you encounter much in advertising these days. (Apart from when someone asks you the best airport for Cannes). It feels rather old fashioned. A bit vanilla. Damning with faint praise, perhaps.
NABS Tuesday Club Talk with Sir Martin Sorrell
On Tuesday night we played host to a very special guest at our regular Tuesday Club Talk, with legendary ad-man Martin Sorrell taking to the stage at JWT. In what was his third Tuesday Club Talk, making him our most frequent speaker, Sir Martin ensured it was another memorable talk.
DEFINITELY NOT MEADIOCRE
I just read Peter Mead’s new autobiography, it’s fascinating of course.
But not for the reason you’d think.
You’d think it would be difficult for him to choose the happiest moment of his life.
- What Can We Learn From Thorne Travel Jonathan Akwue 15-Oct-2014 If you haven’t already seen the Thorne Travel advert, watch it now. The Aryshire travel agent’s promotional video is so bad it’s brilliant.
Fast Forward 2014 – Storytelling
As our teams run into the last week of the NABS Fast Forward course, the pressure is on. They have all been working tirelessly doing their research, finding insights and coming up with strategies, creative ideas and media activation. But, if they fail to wow the judges on the day and bring these ideas to life in the room they could find themselves losing the business, a scary prospect that these delegates are going to face in their careers.
Fast Forward 2014 – Ideas
And so the 5th session in this year’s Fast Forward programme: IDEAS. MediaCom hosted the event superbly – good space plus everyone was well fed and watered. This was week 5, with the pitch zooming ever closer in week 7. The teams have been working on their strategy and are now trying to crack their creative idea. Tonight’s talk could not come at a better time. The quality of presentation at this year’s course has been brilliant and has left the delegates (and mentors) feeling completely inspired and ready to tackle the brief at hand – tonight it was taken up another notch again. Dave Henderson, Joint ECD from DLKW Lowe, oozed confidence and passion about advertising – the kind of passion and confidence that you want to be around with great briefs to crack…
- Senior Product Manager - Technical/Engineering Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + car and benefits, Hitchin
- Media Advertising Account Manager Archant Basic £30,000 + £9600 bonus, Kensington and Chelsea, London (Greater)
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Ad Ops Europe Aspire Mobile c£45,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Account Director - Mobile Location Advertising Aspire Mobile c£70,000 + 50% bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media