The lines of this week's Publicis Groupe press statement announcing some structural fiddling are too close together to read much between them.
"We often hate each other, but it's the kind of hatred like flint and steel the sparks that come out of it make it worth the while" Penn on his magic partner, Teller. One of the hardest-fought categories in the Media Week Awards judging was Lar...
We've been working with technology inside the advertising arena for donkey's years, leading to some amazing work. We're fascinated by anything that's new and shiny, and we're constantly looking out for that next new "thing" to jump on and use on an i...
In case you've been living on the moon for the past six months or so, today marks the day when 5.3 million Scots will decide the fortune of the 300-year-old union - something that millions more of the Scottish diaspora have been denied.
There are waves of change all around us. The onslaught of new channels, techniques and platforms is overwhelming, and the need for greater technology engagement is no longer an option. It has certainly helped improve marketing returns during a recess...
Latest from the blogs
Fast Forward 2014 – Week Two
It was the second session of NABS Fast Forward 2014 and everyone was buzzing because it was briefing night. The teams were all guessing what the brief could be, given that the client is Wendy Proctor from the Cabinet Office and the team names (Jung, Maslow, Pavlov etc) are usually a clue.
Ambition, passion and pride – the spirit of Scottish themed advertising
The Scottish independence referendum has been front of mind lately; fiery debates, opinion polls, and lots of discussion about whether those of us South of the border would miss Scotland if the result was a ‘Yes’.
STUDENTS ARE CUSTOMERS
In 2012, Emma Sulkowicz was raped in New York.
But not on the streets of Harlem.
She was raped in her bed, in her bedroom, in her dormitory, in her university.
Taking another bite of the Apple
One would think that, because more than half of us struggle to ‘switch off’ (57%, according to the Ipsos Global Trends Survey), we would look for less, rather than more, technology. But, as ever, Apple’s latest launch was eagerly anticipated and, as usual, met with mixed reactions. And the launch was bigger and better than ever, unveiling the iPhone 6 in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch varieties, a 13-inch iPad and, unless you’ve been living under a rock and missed it, the much-anticipated smartwatch.
Fast Forward 2014 – Week One
It’s hard to believe that a year has gone since the last NABS Fast Forward - but it must have because here we are, fresh faced and ready for a new challenge. Joining us on that challenge is a new group of the most talented, ambitious and motivated young people in our business – which is in equal parts terrifying and exciting as a mentor. As usual they are drawn from across our industry, preserving Jeremy Bullmore’s original intent to unite media and creativity. But this year we also have media owners and clients in our midst. A brave joining of hands indeed.
GIVE ‘EM THE OLD SOFT SOAP
In 1957 Dove soap started advertising for the first time.
They ran a press ad with a woman luxuriating in a bathful of bubbles.
The headline said HEAD OVER HEELS IN DOVE.
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief