Senior Content Producer- Leading Retail Events
Content is King! Are you the perfect fit for this position at a leading international event company? You will have responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of all content associated with these leading retail events including theatres, video and written pieces, and involvement in their social media strategy.
Responsibility for the production of a topic brief, research and programme development and speaker acquisition across the relevant shows across this Retail Portfolio, including their online publication
You will be accountable for producing the content for each event. Delivering a complete content programme, shaping and supporting the marketing and creative teams to deliver buyer side visitors through innovative content marketing.
Your Key Responsibilities will be...
The role will involve having the following responsibility on their shows:
- Content production involving:
- Research & Analysis: in-depth phone based research of key subject areas and hot topic
- Speaker Acquisition: sourcing, selecting and securing the participation of high level industry leading speakers
- Copy Writing: sales-driven copy, web, direct mail and email copy to drive quality and quantity of visitor numbers
- Content Development: topic generation to deliver additional/new audience segments
- Content Marketing: conducting video interviews with speakers, moderating webinars and producing blogs
- Project Management: working with the show project teams including marketing, sales and logistics managers to deliver to deadline and budget
- Onsite Delivery: managing meticulous on-site execution of content to exceptional standards of customer service
- Liaising with the sales team to ensure any sponsorship led opportunities deliver content with integrity
- Involvement, with the marketing and brand directors, in the development of year round content strategy; planning video and other content that supports the overall objective
- Delivering year round content as planned with the marketing team. Including conducting filmed interviews, writing for blog posts, coordinating social media conversations etc.
- Conducting post event data analysis with content manager to identify best future strategy
- Ensure the speaker budget for each event is effectively spent for the theatres in consultation with the Content Manager
- Mentoring other producers
- Sharing effective insights with sales and marketing
- Development of new formats and content marketing ideas in line with the Content and Brand Manager’s strategy
- Work with marketing to support the development of exhibitor marketing programmes that drive lead generation, conversion, visitor acquisition and a high quality exhibitor experience.
- Ensure strong lines of communication with the content team and Manager, marketing and sales teams including regular meetings to review activity.
- Identify and deliver innovative ways to bring high levels of visitor and exhibitor engagement and advocacy across the shows
- Achieving agreed KPIs
- Utilising Salesforce as a CRM tool to manage research and speaker acquisition as well as a mechanism to share sales leads.
KPI’s to be reached..
- Achieving productivity and revenue targets
- Achieving the target number of visitors to the show
- Achieving the target number of buyers to content sessions
- Achieving a target number of the primary audience by job title/function and named key buyers
- Delivering the target number/proportion of international attendees (where appropriate)
- Achieving a sustained or increased NPS target for content
- Supporting the sales team to achieve a sponsorship revenue target
- One year’s experience of conference production
- Proven experience in the conference arena
- A high level of commercial awareness and must be target and deadline driven.
- Able to actively seek out opportunities and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Experience of supporting a sales team to deliver content related sponsorship
- Familiarity with video editing
- Writing editorial/original content
- Use of Excel for data analysis
Key Competencies Required...
- Dynamic and driven entrepreneurial individual
- Ability to research, analyse and evaluate information gathered through primary and secondary research sources.
- Ability to translate research into commercially viable programmes through excellent copy writing.
- Proven track record of success delivering strong content from relevant speakers
- A high level of commercial awareness and be target and deadline driven.
- Customer-oriented, taking pride in exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative and intellectually curious.
- Strong relationship skills – able to build and develop good working relationships across the business to facilitate the accomplishment of goals, leverage learning and share best practice.
- Highly proactive, initiating attitude – able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required.
- An entrepreneurial mindset in managing production timelines and interacting with supporting departments.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- High level of motivation and determination bringing a strong work ethic to the team dynamic.
- Confidence with the idea of being ‘front of camera’
- Digital familiarity and ability to pick up new social platforms as they arise.