Head of Strategy
EMO Unlimited is at a key point in its development as an agency and a great place to be. Part of Creston Unlimited, one of the UK’s biggest communications groups, EMO Unlimited is an integrated agency that pioneers new ways of helping brands with networks to connect and communicate with people at a local level.
We are looking for a Head of Strategy to act as a strategic lead to help support our future growth, as we refine our proposition, vision and values. This is a pivotal role in the agency, driving strategic relationships and providing vision for both our clients and the agency. As well as leading and developing the planning capability across all accounts within the agency.
This is a senior management level position, with potential to be Board level for the right person. There is a great opportunity to help shape the future agency proposition and ensure we have the right planning capability to support it.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead and nurture the planning, data and insight and engagement teams to provide the very highest levels of planning and providing the spring board for strong creative ideas
- Work with existing clients to understand their business and marketing objectives, ensuring full interrogation of briefs, enabling the most effective response, identifying opportunities and working with senior management to develop these
- Provide strong strategic leadership and guidance for the planning disciplines, defining and developing strategic direction for all aspects of the accounts
- Support the development of our agency proposition and strategic process
- Motivate, mentor and line manage our planning and insight teams, supporting department heads in their line management of direct reports
- Support the new business team with identifying new opportunities and the development of ideas that drive selling opportunities
The Head of Strategy is the ultimate owner of the strategy from the agency for the client’s brand and communications.
Essentially you will:
- Be an established Head of Planning or Planning Director, looking for an opportunity to play a key part in the continued growth of the agency, our existing clients, and new business
- Have worked your way through the ranks of account planning with significant experience of best practice strategic planning, delivering strong and effective strategies leading to great creative work
- Have the ability to work across multiple disciplines, to develop insight and intelligence that delivers results
- Be flexible, able to manage a wide portfolio of clients each with unique requirements
- Be able to escalate strategic conversations from communications to more upstream areas of the business, and represent the agency at the highest level for clients
- Have a keen interest and demonstrable knowledge gained through recent senior experience of working with automotive and public sector clients
You will receive a range of benefits which includes:
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme and Life Assurance
- Childcare vouchers, Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme
- Unlimited development opportunities
- Breakfast on us: fresh fruit, toast and proper coffee
- Outstanding contemporary offices near Temple Meads
Interested? Please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be reviewing applications on Friday 21st October 2016
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.