PR Account Director: Manchester
PR Account Director, Manchester - Are you looking for the opportunity to run your own PR operation?
Better Placed are working exclusively with a leading PR agency in Manchester in their search for a PR Account Director. With a clear progression path in place for someone to lead the Manchester office in the future this is an exciting role for someone looking for a more commercial role within an agency that work with a range of exciting national brands.
Our client has long standing relationships with a diverse range of major B2C and B2B clients and they have won numerous awards over the years for the quality of their work. Recently they've invested significantly in their office space creating a great working environment and they have bold plans for growth. Recognising the importance of their people they invest significantly in training and development and offer an excellent benefits package.
As part of their growth plans they have identified a need for a PR Account Director who will become part of the management team, heavily involved in helping grow and develop the Manchester office. Initially the role will involve:
- Managing several existing clients building relationships with key stakeholders to understand their business and maintain the agencies position. Current clients include national brands in the Retail, Leisure, Tech, Property, Financial Services and Professional Services sectors.
- Developing pro active PR strategies for clients that meet their individual short and long term aims and objectives.
- Managing a small team ensuring they are fully briefed on the client requirements and that all work is completed to a high standard within budget.
- Presenting ideas to clients to gain their buy-in and identifying additional opportunities for the agency to support the business.
- Leading new business pitches for the agency presenting the agency and its credentials effectively.
- Recruitment, training and development of the team to ensure the agency maintain a high level of staff retention and progresses talent internally.
Over time they are looking for someone to grow into a senior management role taking the lead for the operation. This will allow you the opportunity to gradually take on additional responsibilities for shaping the office, developing the new business strategy and taking on full P&L responsibility for the business.
For someone looking to progress to lead their own PR operation it's a fantastic opportunity. You will receive the support of an experienced leadership team and given space to grow at your own pace. Naturally you'll also be well rewarded.
To be suitable for the PR Account Director role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience within a reputable PR agency managing key client relationships.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to inspire others.
- Experience leading new business pitches and advanced influencing and negotiation skills.
- Traditional and Digital PR experience - Social Media experience is essential.
For more information on this exciting PR Account Director role in Manchester, forward your CV or contact Ian Lenehan on 0161 238 6700 for a confidential chat.