Media Sales Executive
Sales Media Executive
£22 - £25K + Uncapped Commission (Big OTE)
Fed up of your job? Looking for an excuse not to go to work? Well, now it’s time to change. A company in Central London. It’s a buzzing and vibrant environment. If that sounds like you, then this role is great fit (even better than your favourite pair of jeans).
Our client are blazing a trail across the media space, having only set up a few years ago, with a hugely passionate and talented team of entrepreneurs, our client have enjoyed the level of growth most can only dream of, and it shows no sign of slowing down, so if you want to join the next big thing, form an orderly queue here…
They have set up a highly successful network of print titles (focused regionally but with national reach), as well as running a highly trafficked and influential website. We have seen phenomenal growth over the past 3 years and we are looking to expand our sales team with a driven, dynamic, and trustworthy individual that thrives in a fast paced environment.
Your role will involve contacting businesses to sell advertising within papers, online, and through social media platforms.
You will be guided in sourcing leads for this market leading youth market title, but will be expected to have the imagination and initiative to source good target leads. You will be expected to have had experience in media ad sales. You will be charged with your own territories and will be responsible for:
• MEETING NEW BUSINESS TARGETS: Generate new streams of revenue through sales of products and services to "new to company" prospects which address their business needs
• IDENTIFY PROSPECTS: Complete market analysis to identify good potential "new to company" target organisations, plus the specific roles and individuals to be prospected
• PROSPECT: Pro-actively contact the targets identified.
• ANALYSE OPPORTUNITIES: Understand the business issues affecting targeted industry sectors and/or specific prospects, then ensure this knowledge is the foundation for our communications with prospects
• PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE: Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of our products and solutions, and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the prospect
• FORECAST: Manage Sales Forecast and Pipeline to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process and forthcoming new business revenue
• MANAGE PROSPECT/CLIENT INFORMATION: Keep accurate and clear records within the global CRM system to provide a solid deal history, showing clearly the steps taken to reach closure on new business deals
The successful candidate will:
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Be confident at cold calling, understanding the best times to successfully reach prospects when they are ready to listen
• Have a strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
• Be passionate about closing business, with a "can do" attitude and ability to work independently when needed
• Possess excellent communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the value position is clearly articulated to prospects and a persuasive business case is presented in email and verbal communications
• Have excellent telephone skills; successful candidates will feel comfortable building rapport, developing business relationships and demonstrating products over the telephone
• High level of business awareness to help build credibility with the prospect, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector.
• Strong negotiation and closing skills to build a solid and persuasive business case, overcome objections, use solid supporting information where necessary, and ensure sales opportunities are managed to a successful conclusion
So if you are feel undervalued, or just fancy joining a company will respect your skills and provide you with long term potential to fulfil your ambitions, send us your CV and have a confidential chat with one of our experienced consultants.