Senior Content and Editorial Manager
Role Title: Senior Content and Editorial Manager
The Marketing team at Debenhams has been undergoing some exciting structural changes in order to strengthen our brand proposition, increase customer engagement and support our ambitious plans for growth. Therefore we have recently created a new multichannel marketing function fit for the future.
These changes have created an opportunity for a Senior Content and Editorial Manager within our Marketing Communications team.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Communications, this role will be responsible for defining, planning and implementing the Debenhams editorial content strategy focused on our strategic target customer. This strategy will be executed across online, email, social and full price marketing campaigns spanning the total Debenhams product portfolio. You will always ensure that our target customer is at the heart of all our communications and continuously improve our content ensuring that we are relevant and engaging.
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Ownership of the content which is created to communicate with our new target customer & therefore the product propositions which feed all of our marketing communications across our vast product portfolio
- Ownership of our editorial process to deliver these propositions in a way which his engaging and relevant
- Planning, briefing, management and review of all online content and editorial throughout Debnenhams.com
- The reinvention of our social media strategy in line with our new target customer; its calendar, implementation and review
- Planning, implementation and review of all full price marketing campaigns
- Evaluation of all full price marketing and competition reviews
- Accountability for the management and personal development of 4 direct reports and a full team of 16
In order to be considered for this role you will already be operating as a senior manager in a similar role within the retail industry. You’ll have a proven track record in managing a large team as well as experience of launching / managing large scale content led marketing plans within the retail industry.
In addition you will require the following:
- Experience of really empathising with customers and creating propositions through editorial planning or similar processes which have the customer at its heart
- Experience of social platforms and the different ways to communicate with them
- Experience of managing campaigns from start to finish
- A clear understanding of the way that customers interact with content and understanding ways in which to measure these interactions
- A real passion for fashion, home and beauty
- Excellent market knowledge of fashion, home and beauty
- A good level of commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong budget management experience
- Critical path management within large scale projects
- Understanding of digital content production, technical constraints and digital possibilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Competitive salary
- 25% discount
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Onsite subsidised restaurant
- Access to excellent in house training that will really progress your career!