Advertising Director - Haymarket Medical
Twickenham, London (Greater)
|Business Type - Media Owner|
|Sector - Publishing, Online|
|Specialism - Account Management, Sales & Business Development|
|Salary - Dependent on Experience|
Twickenham, London (Greater)
Business Type - Media Owner
Sector - Publishing, Online
Specialism - Account Management, Sales & Business Development
Salary - Dependent on Experience
We are looking for an Advertising Director to work across print and digital platforms for Haymarket Medical, which is made up of MIMS Learning, mimslearning.co.uk, GPOnline, MIMS, mims.co.uk and MIMS Dermatology. The ultimate objective of this role is to manage a team to maximize the revenues and profits from the Haymarket Medical brands. You will report to the Group Commercial Director.
Scope and responsibilities of role
• Maximising profitable business revenues across all media platforms on all medical brands. This includes display advertising, sponsorship, content solutions, lead generation and new business opportunities through medical media buyers, West End agencies and via direct customer work both personally and via your sales team.
• Plan and execute sales strategies to deliver sustainable commercial returns from the client base.
• Develop and reinforce ‘best practice’ sales principles across your sales team. You will be responsible for creating a structure that delivers a consistent approach to sales activities, KPIs, performance measurement and reward
• Ensure efficient and accurate use of the Future Proof system (changing to sales force)
• Forecasting of monthly, quarterly and annual revenues, volumes and yields
• People management (including recruitment, training and development).
• Gaining competitor advantage and brand recognition amongst clients
• Build an effective working relationship with the six key media buyers increasing their spend with and value of Haymarket Medical
• Work with the Group Commercial Director to drive the commercial success of the Haymarket medical portfolio
The KPIs you should manage and report on include:
• Revenue against budget
• Market share
• Coverage of clients/media buyer spend against your sales plan
• Marketing/promotional activity
• Proven sales ability and experience in delivering robust and profitable sales solutions to clients in both print and digital.
• A passion for digital and proven experience in this field.
• Proven experience in man/team management, including successfully developing, motivating and targeting individual staff and teams.
• Demonstrable senior sales experience within agencies and clients direct
• Proven track record in creating and delivering sales/business plans – you must be able to demonstrate this against budgets, business plans and market share performance.
• Excellent track record of successful relationship building in the medical industry
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you already have first hand experience working in the media industry, why not come and join this influential media company with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth