Strategy Director- Design
This agency who create engaging brand strategies, design and innovation for some of the world's most recognised consumer brands, are looking for an experienced Strategy Director to join the team, taking on an integral role within the agency. In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Strategy & Innovation, to support the management, vision and development of the agencies strategic offering. Working across a variety of brand and packaging projects, and with a multitude of clients spanning numerous sectors, you will take ownership of a few key clients and deliver world class strategy on their accounts.
What are the fundamentals of this role?
This role is split across five core responsibilities;
- Leadership; You will mentor a wider team, including junior strategists and creatives, ensuring that each team member is valued, invested within and that they are continuously evolving, all the whilst demonstrating a sophisticated, collaborative working environment.
- Client Communication and Relationship Management; You will work to form a close, respected partnership with your client, ensuring that existing relationships are strengthened, nurtured and constantly developed. You will assist them throughout the strategic phrases of a project, in developing their brand stories and executing through an excellent level of strategic thinking.
- Business Development; Working with the New Business Development and wider leadership team, you will apply your strategic thinking to proposals, offering key Insights & Trends that will aid in the process. Responsible for the development of design strategy within the agency, you will attend meetings, develop presentations and be on hand as a key ambassador of the agency.
- Project Management; Alongside the Head of Strategy & Innovation and Client Services Team, you will ensure that each project runs smoothly through its lifecycle, understanding and advising graphic design and structural design teams on the strategic message and goal of each project, ensuring that the work flows through the studio efficiently, within desired timeframes and budgets.
- Strategic Guidance and Leadership; You will be accountable for crafting well thought design communication plans, methodologies and strategic frameworks, from conducting a variety of insight workshops, trend analysis' and market audits. You will work from brand positioning and product proposition through to visual toolkit creation, all the whilst acting as a close partner to your client, offering insight and guidance throughout the process.
What experience is required for this role?
- Experience working at a senior level within strategy, insights and packaging design. A background in design or research is highly advantageous
- An excellent track record of developing, nurturing and growing client partnerships
- Experience advising and crafting successful brand communication and packaging strategies for FMCG/ Consumer brands
- A solid understanding of qualitative research and strategy tools and methodologies
- Hands on experience with consumer research methods and facilitation
- Experience leading a team and investing in junior team member's personal development and career growth
- Knowledge of trend analysis and its importance in creating effective brand strategies
- Knowledge of shopper-led thinking, behaviour and engagement an advantage
If you have extensive experience as a senior level Strategist/ Strategy Director in a similar design led environment, please send your CV to CS@tomorrowlondon.co.uk to register your interest in this unique opportunity.