PERMANENT PROPOSAL / BID WRITER
This role profile is a guide to the work you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Assisting sales/operations teams to create, populate and submit a bid response document that is compliant, persuasive and capable of winning. A proposal manager is an integral part of the team and will have the ability to work on multiple bids within a variety of sectors and maintain superb communication both written and oral.
You will be a key point of contact internally, liaising with several departments to manage and coordinate internal responses for bids and presentations. You will manage and track all project activity and keep the business development contact up to date with changes and regular updates.
Main responsibilities include completion of PQQs, bids and proposals to strict deadlines. Compiling the master response template, following the agreed bid plan to source written answers, ensuring the document remains compliant and visually strong with appropriate images, edit and proofread responses and submit the final document to ensure that print and courier schedules are adhered to. Create Powerpoint presentation and mood board material for presentations.
You will report into the Proposal Design Manager but work in conjunction with the bid lead.
* Document management: To provide effective bid support to the business development team and bid managers in order to produce high quality, accurate and attractive documents and presentations for external clients.
* Creativity: Creative design input to the final bid documentation, including designing folders and tabs if required
* Document production: Providing support to the sales and retention team, including designing, typesetting and publishing presentations, booklets and brochures, reading ITT, managing response portal
* Portal: Sub editing document
* Print Room: Setting documents for printing and liaison with print room to confirm scheduling, print requirements and delivery arrangements
* Quality assurance; Proof reading documents when required
* Close off the bid: filing all work under the specified naming convention and ensuring all relevant material is extracted for future reference. Documents are completed with criteria to make a compelling winning bid.
* Expressive diagrams, effective pullouts, action captions for pictures that are appropriate to the words, headings clear and descriptive. Random view of 10 bids worked on.
Evidence of completed 'close off' for all bids worked on.
Project management: Working with the bid team, bid writers, salesperson and operators to manage and prepare tender response documents and accompanying presentations. Gathering generic information, formatting, basic spreadsheet work, advanced publishing software package skills, creating diagrams and charts, intermediate PowerPoint presentations. Diagrams used in a bid to demonstrate a process filed within file gallery.
Research and analysis: Responsibility for pre-bid documents, including helping to maintain a database of company information and liaising with experts in other departments to update the information as necessary. Complete PQQ - ensure any data requested which is not in the knowledge library is approved and uploaded - 4 pieces per annum.
Team leadership and team management: Analyse tender request documents to elicit compliance requirements, instructions, evaluation criteria, and undertake other bid management tasks such as developing bid plans and liaising with people to secure responses as per agreed timetable. Evidence of completed compliance matrix / document structure for 50% of the bids worked on.
Liaise with external design/production companies in relation to folder and bespoke requirements. Ensuring that budget controls and processes are adhered to. Request for expenditure made in the appropriate way with quotation options for items to be purchased, fully explored and evidenced.
Be aware of cost limitations on the project and ensure potential over expenditure is avoided, with issues escalated where necessary. Prepare folders with cost in mind and develop options for sales lead to consider at a cheaper price - Evidence of Quotations with options.
* Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and organise
* Pleasant customer facing style and ability to work as part of a team
* Inquisitive, belligerent, self assured, passionate and single minded
* Creative and imaginative approach
* Able to lead a team to achieve agreed deadlines
* Advanced Word (with ability to use styles, columns, insert pictures from file)
* Advanced PowerPoint (working with slide masters and creating a PowerPoint presentation from scratch)
* Knowledge of Excel (for basic formatting of spreadsheets)
* Desktop Publishing to Intermediate Level, Adobe In-design, and Photoshop using IMac
* Typing 45+ WPM
* Good English grammar and spelling for proof reading documents
* Familiarity with, or willingness to learn about, bid management processes and best practice e.g. Shipley methodology
* Knowledge of food/FM outsource services and solutions
* Previous bid experience would be advantageous
* Adobe Illustrator
A British multinational contract foodservice, cleaning, property management and support services company.