Director of Communications
Independent successful digital-first news organisation is searching for a Director of Communications.
One of the leaders in their space and linked to global networks including the US and EMEA markets. The business is a successful news organisation with an appetite to expand. It has a worldwide audience of over 90 millions users monthly and over 20 million in the EMEA region alone. Not only are they pioneers globally but they have also acquired an infamous print magazine with an enviable reputation in providing readers with intelligent journalism and are in the process of bringing this back.
Leading on the Comms for the business this role will be focused on managing media and commentary opportunities for the brand working across all the separate titles for the UK and EMEA networks with a close working relationship with the US. The role really requires an understanding and experience of the global news agenda across print, digital and social media. You'll be a star and ideally enjoy working under pressure in a fast paced and busy news room.
- Building a strategy to develop the reputation and awareness of the brands
- Identifying key organisations within the media and building relationships to promote the organisation
- Using developed relationships to book key staff for television and radio appearances on political and current affairs programs
- Developing and managing PR campaigns from start to finish
- Understanding the target audience and the businesses we use to increase publicity
- Analysing trends and creating reports which enhance the PR strategy
- Writing news releases and internal communications
- Previous experience of working in a similar PR role within the media industry
- Agency or clientside experience
- A thorough understanding of journalism in both the print and digital mediums
- Excellent media relations skills & relevant contacts, including international media
- The ability to communicate and work with a variety of different stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of social media and its use in PR
- Gravitas, integrity and the ability to enhance the senior team