Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – Digital Sales
Our client is the UK’s leading education recruitment websites for schools and vocational colleges. It’s where teachers and support staff look for the latest jobs.
With over 1 million registered members, 1 million web visits per month and 1.2 million job views to the sites each month the group websites are an established and effective online recruitment solution.
Whether for permanent or temporary teachers, supply or support staff, they have been innovative in online education recruitment since 2001.
To carry out focused sales activities in partnership with Advertising Agencies in order to achieve revenues and increase sales of the portfolio of products and services, in accordance with agreed business plans and revenue targets.
- You will have full responsibility in the expansion of new business digital revenues through recruitment advertising agency campaigns and display advertising for branding - achieving year on year growth through relationship development with agencies that work on behalf of schools and colleges in Secondary and Further Education.
- With thorough understanding of the product portfolio you will be winning new business by selling consultative recruitment solutions to advertising agencies who in turn will sell directly to their clients
- You will need to plan and prioritise personal sales activities to fulfil relevant KPI’s on a weekly and monthly basis whilst reporting on activities weekly to provide management information in each geographical area.
- You will maintain and update the internal CRM system daily to ensure continuity in the sales approach with internal and external departments.
- Supporting marketing and integrating personal sales efforts with planned activities, e.g., attending industry relevant networking opportunities/events which will cement relationship’s with agencies.
- Whilst monitoring and reporting on new local government initiatives and events you will also maintain awareness of national changes to the education system and our competitors to ensure the brand remains as the market leader.
- You will attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills to ensure full understanding of eteach products to optimise client experience and achievement of revenue targets.
Person specification/ Profile
To be considered for this role, a successful candidate will:
- Have considerable experience in working within the advertising agency world, recruitment, sales and education sales.
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience winning new business within the Advertising Agency arena.
- Have a self-driven, results-oriented personality with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- Be a natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Be an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view with the ability to communicate at all levels and be a team-player.
- Be mobile (car owner) and flexible to travel to see clients across the UK.
- Be able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Have the ability to work autonomously and consistently, free from distraction at home base.
- Have an understanding of the education market and principles of feature-benefit sales.
- Be able to demonstrate selling consultative new business to ensure commercial cost-effectiveness with an appreciation for consistency within company's branding.
- Be adept in use of MS Windows, internet and email. You will ideally have an understanding of CRM sales system.
- Be able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance e.g. gross margin percentages and calculations, overheads and expenses. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Be able to analyse and interpret volumes of data rapidly and effectively. Experience of tenders would also be useful. Possess good influencing skills to close new business.
For more information on this role, please get in touch with Angela Izard at Morgan Rutherford Associates Ltd