SENIOR SALES MANAGER/BRAND DIRECTOR - MAJOR CONSUMER TITLE!!
SENIOR SALES MANAGER/BRAND DIRECTOR - MAJOR CONSUMER TITLE!! £50-55k + commission + Benefits Heading up a team of 3 on this household consumer title across digital and print format!
OUR BRAND STORIES:
Our client has many years' experience publishing market leading magazines and websites in the UK within the health and lifestyle arena.
They pride themselves in having the best quality service journalism that inspires, informs and improves our audiences lives.
As a business they are committed to providing this on their audience’s terms – on any format, any device and at any time.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To maximise the revenue and profit potential of all advertising revenue streams generated by this consumer lifestyle brand.
To report and manage the print and digital display revenue streams specifically in accordance with the sales policy and business objectives previously agreed with the Sales Director.
To manage and motivate the brand team effectively and to ensure that they are able to deliver on the requirements of the business from both a print and digital point of view.
To work collaboratively with the Creative Partnership Director and other Directors to create a seamless cross brand and platform sales environment to maximise profitable revenue from all sales channels.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day to day management of the Brand Team
- To report print and digital forecasts to the Sales Director weekly against annual budgets and PM forecasts.
- Ensure good brand service and expertise and service given to designated client portfolio and all senior agency planning teams and named agencies.
- To sell personally at the most senior level and at decision-making level to clients, advertising, PR & sales promotion agencies to capitalise on all print and digital revenue opportunities.
- To deliver strategic and conceptual presentations to senior level clients and agencies.
- To maintain a high profile with key clients, agencies and PRs, within the core market sectors of the brand and attending all key client, agency and industry functions.
- To negotiate high value or complex business arrangements with customers or suppliers of a long-term nature, developing new approaches and propositions based on negotiating experience.
- To utilise all available marketing, sales and service functions and facilities (via all interdependent departments), so as to maximise client satisfaction, address client needs and secure maximum revenue.
- Excellent market knowledge of competition across all channels to keep the magazine ahead in the marketplace.
- To work closely with the editorial and digital editorial teams and all other interdependent departments to ensure revenue is maximised and service potential for the magazine and its clients
- To assist with and contribute to the preparation of the budgets and strategies in conjunction with the Sales Director and Publishing Director.
- To create an environment in which staff feel developed and motivated.
- To lead the team effectively, in regards to all print elements of the brand to ensure they are performing to their best ability.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
To manage a team of three experienced sales executives, maintaining an environment which is motivational and supported
Responsibility for the print and digital display budget and ensuring that updates are regularly reported to the Sales Director incorporating opportunity and risk
Management of print flatplans for both the main magazine and supplements. Close working relationship with Digital Ad Operations team to ensure maximum revenue opportunities
Excellent experience of managing team selling both print and digital display as well as lower level partnerships
Knowledge and understanding of print flatplans and experience of working with Editor and team to deliver what is best for business
Experience of forecasting and contributing to print and digital budget process
Adaptable style to work well with a diverse group of stakeholders including creative partnerships, editorial, marketing, digital operations, finance, regional sales team and the wider portfolio
- Strong management skills
- Agency Contacts
- Excellent digital knowledge and understanding
- Work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Consumer Print background
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise
- Adaptable management style
- Collaborative and inclusive way of working
Roles like this don't come around very often…….so if you are the face of consumer media and have all the contacts in the west end, we need to talk!
Apply for SENIOR SALES MANAGER/BRAND DIRECTOR - MAJOR CONSUMER TITLE!!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly