International Account Manager
One of the UK's leading food manufacturers is seeking an entrepreneurial, charismatic and commercially savvy International Account Manager to as they confidently deliver on sales, spend and profit targets.
This position has been newly created due to the team expanding, entering new markets, and have successfully delivering recent growth of c.30%. The business unit is presently delivering the strategic plan they set out 2 years ago and has significantly grown over the past few years, building robust and productive customer relationships across Europe Working with internationally well-known brands and it is highly likely that you will have at least one of this company's products in your cupboard, as they have had a household penetration of c.98% in 2015.
As an International Account Manager your role will be to manage 15 European and UK indirect customers across 38 countries. You will enable the Sales team with selling tools (Product Catalogues, Latest NPD Sell decks, Mix Information) and develop product ranges and offerings within current territories. You will manage and grow existing accounts, have the possibility work on larger accounts and strategically develop new business and customers outside of current territories, all with the aim of securing new business.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Forecast and deliver sales, control internal spend & grow profit targets for all customers
- Track and monitor progress against plans, recommending corrective actions and changes.
- Secure distribution & activity plans for brands for all appointed customers
- Deliver compelling category plans and build excellent customer relationships with buyers
- Deliver NPD Sell decks and updated product catalogues to the Sales team
- Track and update team on mix of products and ways to maximize profit vis improved mix
To succeed, you should have the following skills:
- Impressive background as an Account Manager or Junior Account Manager
- Experience of working for a FMCG organisation, ideally from a food and drink background
- Exceptional numerical, commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong forecasting and trade spend management skills and have
- Building customer relationships at buyer level will come nature
- Entrepreneurial approach, strategically minded and action oriented
- Strong on Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Willingness to occasionally travel abroad is essential. Experience of working internationally, with third party partnerships and in new business development is highly desirable.
To be considered for this position, please email your CV to Chris Bowman at Nigel Wright: email@example.com quoting reference number JOB-372427. For more information, call me on 0207404 7040.