Business Development Manager
An exciting opportunity for a talented Business Development Manager to join a leading Business Services organisation based in Manchester.
A Global Professional Services business based with a solid reputation and opportunity to develop careers.
The Business Development Manager will work with the regional and national marketing and business development team and Partners to ensure the office effectively targets new work, maximises service delivery and acquires new business and clients.
- Prepare business development plans in line with national strategy, linking in with national service line and sector leads and working with the Regional Head of Business Development and Partner group
- Deliver the office plan, checking progress regularly, and ensuring delivery within budget and adequate ROI
- Research to identify sector targets and support business development activity
- Attend networking events
- Attend introductory and scoping meetings with prospects
- Coach Partners and Managers through the business development cycle
- Project manage high value tenders
- Manage and advise on the use of data to ensure high quality data for targeting
- Manage and drive an effective intermediaries programme to maximise work referrals
- Adopt the role of brand champion, ensuring all communications are on brand and in support of the firm's communications strategy, including driving the active use of social media
- Deliver effective internal communications
- Liaise and follow up with the national PR team to ensure adequate, timely and appropriate regional PR coverage
- Assist with national and regional marketing and business development projects as required
The Business Development Manager will:
- Have proven experience in a Marketing and Business Development role ideally within a professional services business
- Have experience at a managerial level, particularly in targeting new business and proposal project management
- Be commercially astute, professional and credible
- Be a confident communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels within the firm
- Marketing qualifications are advantageous but not essential
Salary up to £40,000 plus benefits depending on the level of experience