Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager, £40K basic+commission.
Our client is the national charity for hospice care. They champion and support the work of more than 200 member organisations, which provide hospice care across the UK, so that they can deliver the highest quality of care to people with terminal or life-limiting conditions, and support their families.
Their strategic priorities are to:
- Be the leading advocate for hospice care
- Promote and support excellence in hospice care
- Support those providing hospice care.
Their values: we aspire to be supportive, professional, collaborative, creative and confident.
They are now looking for a business development manager to develop and increase income for the charity from advertising, sponsorship and commercial partnerships, with a key focus on generating sponsorship and exhibitor income for their range of conferences and advertising revenue for their job board.
- Researching new opportunities, building relationships, developing new and existing partnerships and securing sponsors, advertisers and commercial partners.
- You will be responsible for securing existing and new clients as well as maximising revenue from other organisation-wide products
- You will explore ‘win:win’ business development opportunities to provide financial benefit for both the client and also other local hospices.
- To meet or exceed agreed income targets
- To develop and implement a business plan for the commercial business
- To input into the budgeting process
- To provide regular reporting on performance against income targets, the prospect pipeline and business under discussion
- To develop a jobs board advertising business plan with a full budget breakdown
- To perform regular competitive analysis of other existing jobs board advertising and sponsorship opportunities
- To develop innovative packages, pricing and marketing initiatives
- To work with the design and publishing team, and independently, to create the materials needed to sell these packages (e.g. rate cards, proposals, presentations)
- To achieve or exceed annual advertising and sponsorship targets against agreed budgets
- To continuously review opportunities to ensure they meet the advertiser’s needs whilst delivering the required advertising revenue and profitability
If this role is of interest please get in touch with Angela Izard at Morgan Rutherford Associates Ltd